Hua Hin Visa office Efficiency

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Second song of praise about Hua Hin immigration in five days.

Don't shout too loud, might attract too many new arrivals :biggrin:

But all is not sweetness and light in the Hua Hin Immigration garden, though, judging from this thread:-

I moved to Hua Hin last March. I have always found the Immigration staff polite and helpful, and very professional.

Last Tuesday, I went to HH Immigration for my first ever 90 day report. I didn’t have all the paperwork, so the official looked at the business card of the small hotel where I am staying. She then rang the hotel owner and told her what further documents were required. Took less than 7 or 8 minutes.

I went back this afternoon (Thursday), with the additional paperwork. My ticket number came up almost straight away. and my 90 day report was completed in under 10 minutes.

As the official was sorting through my documents and filled in the form, I found the time passed by very pleasantly, but far too quickly.

So a third song of praise for HH Immigration: “Joy is found in you.”

6 minutes ago, offset said:

But a 90 day report only needs your passport (it did when I did it there last month) or have they got new rules now, was you doing a change of address at the same time

On Tuesday, I went there with my passport and a sheet of headed notepaper from the hotel showing the address and how much I was paying each month. The hotel’s business card was attached. 

The official also also wanted a photocopy of the hotel owner’s I.D. card and of the proof of ownership. She rang the owner to say that I needed these too to complete my 90 day report.

Edited by silver sea

46 minutes ago, offset said:

They did a change of address for you at the same time as I say normally you only need your passport when doing a 90 day report

I am not sure why they needed to. I have been in HH since March and have always stayed at the same hotel. The previous time, I had been on a tourist visa and had applied at HH for a 30 extension. That was in July.

In August, I returned to my home country and then came back to HH on 1st September with a 12 month long stay visa. 

67EB29B9-6DFE-4000-A9A9-27DCE4D5633D.jpeg

60A4B55B-3990-4432-A2B4-4EEA46887052.jpeg

46 minutes ago, silver sea said:

I am not sure why they needed to. I have been in HH since March and have always stayed at the same hotel. The previous time, I had been on a tourist visa and had applied at HH for a 30 extension. That was in July.

In August, I returned to my home country and then came back to HH on 1st September with a 12 month long stay visa. 

67EB29B9-6DFE-4000-A9A9-27DCE4D5633D.jpeg

60A4B55B-3990-4432-A2B4-4EEA46887052.jpeg

The second slip is a TM28 notification. So presumably HH also require this form to be completed every time after you have been away from your address for longer than a particular period - in addition to whatever their TM30 requirement might be (which, in your case, your hotel are, I take it, set up to provide the necessary notification to HH as and when required via the Immigration Bureau's online facility in any event).

1 hour ago, offset said:

They seem a bit funny about reporting a change of address there, when I asked about if I go anywhere even only for a day or two they said when I come back I should report my address even though a live at the same address

29 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The second slip is a TM28 notification. So presumably HH also require this form to be completed every time after you have been away from your address for longer than a particular period - in addition to whatever their TM30 requirement might be (which, in your case, your hotel are, I take it, set up to provide the necessary notification to HH as and when required via the Immigration Bureau's online facility in any event).

Thank you offset and OJAS for commenting on my post.

The official today did ask me whether it was my intention to continue staying at the same hotel. I confirmed that I would be.

But occasionally, I like to go travelling, either back to my home country or to visit other parts of Thailand. Then I empty my room, and leave my stuff in the hotel cupboard. They kindly ‘freeze’ my contract while I’m away, and then restart it on my return.

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Thank you offset and OJAS for commenting on my post.

The official today did ask me whether it was my intention to continue staying at the same hotel. I confirmed that I would be.

But occasionally, I like to go travelling, either back to my home country or to visit other parts of Thailand. Then I empty my room, and leave my stuff in the hotel cupboard. They kindly ‘freeze’ my contract while I’m away, and then restart it on my return.

Upon further reflection, I wonder whether it might be worth your while double-checking with your hotel whether they have, in fact, been providing Immigration with TM30-style notifications upon your return from each of your various travels (in particular on 1st September). I find it surprising that Immigration were asking you for the documents they were for your 90-day report if the hotel have, indeed, been providing the necessary notifications (although I accept that this could equally be explained by disconnected left and right hands at the Immigration Office).

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Upon further reflection, I wonder whether it might be worth your while double-checking with your hotel whether they have, in fact, been providing Immigration with TM30-style notifications upon your return from each of your various travels (in particular on 1st September). I find it surprising that Immigration were asking you for the documents they were for your 90-day report if the hotel have, indeed, been providing the necessary notifications (although I accept that this could equally be explained by disconnected left and right hands at the Immigration Office).

I was thinking the same but just thought they maybe treating him more as a permeant visitor than a holiday maker, he said he been here since March and not said anything about doing a 90 before and he not say what his Visa is or wether he has been out of the country during that time