Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

5 hours ago, aright said:

It's certainly a consideration. Being spoken down to and regarded as mentally lacking, as a form of debate, gets boring after a while.

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

What a nasty little exercise in condescension. Sloppily written, too.

"Sloppily" a wonderful word...I bet you lifted that from some old schoolbook.

13 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Please show the evidence for this.:coffee1:

Or is it just your opinion.

After hundreds of posts on this thread I'm surprised, nay, aghast to see you don't understand what an opinion is.........

However heres another piece of "evidence"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-nigel-farages-fury-scientists-14117420?fbclid=IwAR0ONY6QWFFue7IoeNR3rk7cUKr-DuWAA3Kl5kB4DmDC6UehsrfO0MyBfRA

The United States is giving the United Kingdom a preview of what it can expect from take-no-prisoners trade negotiations after Brexit.

The Trump administration on Thursday outlined its goals for a free trade deal with Britain in a document that takes a tough line on agricultural products and warns the United Kingdom against getting cozy with China."
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

Here's a great A to Z review of all the nonsense promulgated by Brexiteers over the past years .....

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/list-of-brexit-lies?fbclid=IwAR122VVHjrvuJRrKUW-x6BfB8AvRMQf4IwwneJKngGQpFtFdGMk2WKgR6wI

It really reveals how risible the arguments put forward by Brexiteers really are.

No it doesn't. 

• Like 2

Norther island and its  borders were never   mentioned ,  during the brexit   red  bus bull shiet propaganda regime.

Now  it is the main stumbling block,  norther and southern Ireland , and will never  allow  closed borders to return.

UK , must offer a kings  ransom ,   to encourage  NI ,  to unite with  the south , and form a United Ireland in the  EU ..

Edited by elliss

48 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

EU ideology will inevitably lead to totalitarianism,

that is to say, a whole heap of millions of conformist

sheeple debt slaves on a diet of MSM chaff.

IMHO the future is not looking cool for the Western flocks.

The only hope is the that the EU bellyflops.  Already the

Euro appears to be circling round the plughole.

the Euro looks fine to me,

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Do try to keep up. My opinions on Brexit and May's deal will be familiar by now to any Forum member interested in views other than their own (which probably explains why you are unaware of them).  I have no intention of further humouring a transparent wind-up merchant.

Really? So why did you first try to dodge the question?

Apologies for not keeping up with every single one of your posts. I have a family, social life and job I cannot spend as much time reading every single post in the many Brexit topics as some others.  There are many occasions when i don't log in for two, three days maybe even a week or more, and during my absence tens of new pages have appeared, and several new topics as well. So to repeat what I said when I first asked the question; if any Brexiteer has posted their opinions on what they consider to be wrong with May's deal and with what they would replace it then I have missed it.

If you had any faith in your opinion, then surely you would be more than happy to post it again?

But instead I see you have resorted to the by now all to familiar Brexiteer response when asked the difficult questions; excuses and insults.

Why can none of you give a straight answer to a straight question?

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Have the specifics of Mays deal been made public ?

Could you post them up here ?

Yes, the draft was published last November: Draft Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community, as agreed at negotiators' level on 14 November 2018.

That's a long document, and the UK press all published summaries of it at the time, one example being Brexit deal explained: backstops, trade and citizens' rights.

Of course, since then on the instructions of Parliament, May and her team have gone back to change aspects of the draft deal. Brexit deal: What has changed? summarises the changes which were rejected by Parliament yesterday.

I heard on BBC radio news today that Barnier and others in the EU are rapidly losing patience with us and their attitude now is that it's this deal or no deal; and who can blame them?

On Thursday the Commons will be voting on the motion to extend the deadline beyond March 29th; but like rejecting no deal, that is not  our decision alone. A request by us to extend the deadline is almost certainly to be rejected by the other 27, agreement to so do has to be unanimous It looks increasingly likely that, whatever the result of tonight's and tomorrow's votes, we will be leaving the EU on the 29th March without a deal.

Edited by 7by7
Typo

5 hours ago, aright said:

Yes. When are you going to grow up?

I will no longer participate in your foolishness.

In the not too distant future I can see you talking to yourself on this forum.

Dale Carnegie wrote a book  "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It might help you.

I asked you an intelligent question about your opposition to the Irish backstop:

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So what about it don't you like?

It is supposed to be a temporay measure in place to keep the border open as per the terms of the Good Friday agreement until technological systems can be found to check on goods moving between NI and the RoI. Is your dislike based upon the fear of some that there is nothing as permanent as a temporary measure? If not, what is your reason?

But instead of even attempting to answer you posted the above.

Says it all, really.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I asked you an intelligent question about your opposition to the Irish backstop:

But instead of even attempting to answer you posted the above.

Says it all, really.

Cause it is the inherent contradiction in their argument that they can’t explain:

’Take back control of our borders (except the bit that we don’t want to in N.I).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, samran said:

Cause it is the inherent contradiction in their argument that they can’t explain:

’Take back control of our borders (except the bit that we don’t want to in N.I).

Post Brexit many Leavers will be in for a shock on their first European holiday if there's no deal. The following is a list of some of the probable effects of a no deal Brexit on British tourists to the EU.

GB or NI driving licence? Not valid without an IDP, whether you own car or a hire one, and a certificate from your insurer if driving your own car.

Free or reduced rate access to health services? Sorry, UK issued EHICs no longer valid. so if you have an accident or fall ill you'll have to pay the full cost, at least, of your treatment.

Using your mobile? EU ban on roaming charges between member states no longer applies to the UK; your UK provider can charge you what they like to use your phone in Europe. Although the UK government has said they would implement a maximum charge of £45 per month. Free, or £45 per month; which is better?

Bringing fags and booze home? Now subject to the usual, worldwide duty free limits when entering the UK.

Wont need a visa for a stay of up to 90 days in the Schengen area, but must have least 6 months left on your passport when entering. Apart from the RoI, tourist visas may be required for EU member countries not yet in the Schengen area.

Increased charges when using a UK bank or credit card.

Delays passing through immigration due to more thorough checks.

Of course, Brexiteers here who live in Thailand, i.e. most of them, wont be effected by any of that, so don't care.

Except when they visit the UK with their Thai partner and want to nip over to Paris for a romantic weekend. Only to find that their partner can no longer obtain a free, rapidly processed Schengen visa in the UK and should have applied, and paid for, one in Thailand.

No deal????

Theresa May’s Brexit lost to the ultimate adversary: reality........ Tories asked to vote against their own motion .........

Is there anyone still insane enough to claim in the last 2  years Brexit has shown to be a good idea?

Brexit has severely damaged democracy in the UK........the most corrupted vote since WW2 has plunged the UK into its deepest crisis since WW2.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Post Brexit many Leavers will be in for a shock on their first European holiday if there's no deal. The following is a list of some of the probable effects of a no deal Brexit on British tourists to the EU.

GB or NI driving licence? Not valid without an IDP, whether you own car or a hire one, and a certificate from your insurer if driving your own car.

Free or reduced rate access to health services? Sorry, UK issued EHICs no longer valid. so if you have an accident or fall ill you'll have to pay the full cost, at least, of your treatment.

Using your mobile? EU ban on roaming charges between member states no longer applies to the UK; your UK provider can charge you what they like to use your phone in Europe. Although the UK government has said they would implement a maximum charge of £45 per month. Free, or £45 per month; which is better?

Bringing fags and booze home? Now subject to the usual, worldwide duty free limits when entering the UK.

Wont need a visa for a stay of up to 90 days in the Schengen area, but must have least 6 months left on your passport when entering. Apart from the RoI, tourist visas may be required for EU member countries not yet in the Schengen area.

Increased charges when using a UK bank or credit card.

Delays passing through immigration due to more thorough checks.

Of course, Brexiteers here who live in Thailand, i.e. most of them, wont be effected by any of that, so don't care.

Except when they visit the UK with their Thai partner and want to nip over to Paris for a romantic weekend. Only to find that their partner can no longer obtain a free, rapidly processed Schengen visa in the UK and should have applied, and paid for, one in Thailand.

See what happens to costs if they decide to drive into Europe, or try and work there or buy a property...

Imagine sitting in a bar or restaurant what the other Europeans will be saying or thinking about them.

It'll be so embarrassing. A second rate person from a second rate country.

Edited by wilcopops