18 Year Old Man Climbs High Voltage Power Pole After Marital Dispute

3. 9

Thailand Live Monday 14 October 2024

4. 626

Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

5. 305

Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

6. 2,664

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

7. 10

Video: SpaceX rocket booster successfully lands in Texas after test launch

8. 1,070

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

9. 0

Passenger Van Crashes into 18-Wheeler Truck, Passengers Injured

10. 9

11. 305

12. 0

Over 200 Vehicles Damaged After Municipality Resurfaces Road Without Warning Signs

13. 9

14. 305

15. 0

Newborn Survives After Being Abandoned in Long Grass: Phetchabun

PM May says plans to speak to Saudi crown prince on Khashoggi, Yemen

webfact

PM May says plans to speak to Saudi crown prince on Khashoggi, Yemen

2018-11-30T025219Z_1_LYNXNPEEAT050_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-EU.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May leaves after the extraordinary EU leaders summit in Brussels, Belgium November 25, 2018. REUTERS/Yves Herman/File Photo

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Theresa May plans to raise the killing of Jamal Khashoggi and the situation in Yemen with Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman at the G20 summit in Argentina, she said on Thursday.

The visit by the prince, the kingdom's de facto ruler, to the summit of industrialized nations is fraught with controversy over the killing of Saudi journalist Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October.

The killing of the Washington Post columnist, a critic of the crown prince, has strained Saudi Arabia’s ties with the West and battered Prince Mohammed’s image abroad. Saudi Arabia has said he had no prior knowledge of the murder.

“I am intending to speak with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. The message that I give will be very clear ... on this issue of Jamal Khashoggi but also on the issue of Yemen,” she told reporters on the flight to Buenos Aires.

“We want to see a full and transparent investigation in relation to what happened and obviously those responsible being held to account,” she said on Khashoggi's killing.

Western nations are calling for an end to the Saudi-led military campaign in neighbouring Yemen, which was launched by Prince Mohammed, as a humanitarian crisis there worsens.

"On the issue of Yemen, we continue to be deeply concerned about the humanitarian situation,” May said. “The long term solution for the Yemen is a political situation and we will be encouraging all parties actually to look for that and work for that.”

(Reporting by Kylie MacLellan; Editing by Eric Beech)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-11-30

Yeah right. She'll probably offer apologies for adverse comments in the British press about his involvement in the murder; and inquire if any more arms sales are likely as a result of the Yemen war!

To be fair, this murder sounds a bit Thomas a Becket like.

• Like 1

I don't get it, Khashoggi was an insider of the former Saudi crown prince and wrote positive stories about him. The current Saudi crown prince MBS is more liberal than him but not as much as the west thinks. This guy is bent out of shape from losing his insider, big favorite status and starts writing negative stories about MBS. Comparing the black of the pot to the black of the kettle as far as I am concerned. The Saud family and Saudi Arabia is just another repressive-thuggish-do as I say not as I do, Middle East country with US support because they have oil. I don't care about Khashoggi or MBS. Just a guy who was stupid and didn't show enough prudent caution. When Isreal assassinates Iranian nuclear scientists hardly a peep from the international press. The US dozens of innocent deaths on their hands. The only thing MBS is guilty of is handling this in a ham-handed manner in their Turkish consulate. Move along nothing more to see here, the story is old, nothing new.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1