PM Prayut's visit to Germany a success

webfact

PM's visit to Germany a success

PNPOL611130001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 30th November 2018 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has deemed his visit to Germany on November 27 and 28 a success, saying it gave him an opportunity to confirm with the country's leader that general elections will take place in Thailand next February. 

Minister of Foreign Affairs Don Poramudwinai said today that Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha’s visit to Germany was a major success as he was well received by the country’s leaders and business sector. He remarked that despite the trip being brief, the PM was able to meet with Team Thailand, Thai business operators in Germany, and German entrepreneurs, and engage in worthwhile exchanges with them. 

In his meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the PM was able to discuss both political and economic matters and took time to assure her that a general election will take place in early 2019 in Thailand. Germany acknowledged that under Gen Prayut’s administration over the past four years, Thailand has enjoyed stability and been conducive to developing business relations. 

On the Chancellor’s call for Thailand to transition to true democracy as soon as possible, Don explained that it did not indicate any major concerns.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-11-30
  • Haha 2

'PM's visit to Mongolia a success'..., that one was about Yingluck by the way. It seems the official visits abroad by all PMs, ministers, army and police generals, and other Thai high ranked officials, are, always, without any exception: 'a success', so this must be the real truth, right?

As for the picture, well, I'm still not convinced: the Prayuth on it looks too much like those live size cardboard images of him, couldn't it have been one of these...?

• Like 1

Ah, at last I understand fully what irritates me 'to some point' about that man's facial expression on pictures! It's not just the eyelids and eyebrows, nor that smile, no, (with Merkel next to him, I saw) it is the elevation of his chin above an horizontal line! ...It seems to be a common 'trait' of Benito, Adolf, and other horrible dictators, just have a look for yourself. The subsidiary question remaining is: did this attitude grow in him by itself, 'naturally' so to speak, what would be plain frightening, or is it just a 'Thai copy job' of the 'great examples' of inhumane self-proclaimed 'leaders' (well, at least Benito and Adolf both had been elected...)?

• Like 1

How does one measure success? He wasn't called out for not having an election already? A pat on the back for his ability to employ smoke and mirrors? Praised for reciting lines that sound good to foreign leaders regardless of the truth? How does one measure success?

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, webfact said:

Thailand has enjoyed stability and been conducive to developing business relations. 

Conducive, stability ?  The last thing I want is to increase business activities in Thailand.  Customers do not have money and we buy enough from Thailand as it is. 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, Oziex1 said:

Greatly dissapointed that leaders like Merkel and other properly elected heads of government would give this guy the time of day. 

I know they meet some that are worse than the Thai PM. 

True, as do I.

But looking at it, Prayuth has to bignote his attendance, bugger all result but an election in 4 months, and what Merkel thinks of clasping his hand is clear from her face.

If they told him to sod off he would call it a huge success with huge financial benefit for the rice farmers... what's the harm? Just one more lie for the proles. one among many.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Thanks 1