Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Meditation retreats recommendations....

248900_1469958220

Dear all,

I have lived in Thailand quite a while now. Recently I have gone through a period of under/unemployment. Its been ok and I have now secured a good position that starts in Jan 2019. I have had a lot of time on my hands and its starting to get a little silly...my brain is possibly suffering....I have a month to kill and would like to give a retreat a go. its something I have considered doing for ages.

Anyway, I live in the Pathumtani area. I have my own car and am willing to travel for something worthwhile. I dont want anything overly flashy with loads of 'new age' types on a two week holiday here trying to find themselves.....I have no idea of cost though I am willing to pay a reasonable sum for accomodation etc. Anyone have any recommendations for say, a week stay? maybe more? I understand that most of Thailand is theravada but is that the only option? Are there Mahayana retreats? I can speak Thai pretty well but for meditation purposes.....mmmmmm....

Anyway, this is a sincere post. I am not losing my mind here but the beers are flowing a little more freely....a bit of discontent....perhaps a reset before starting something new is a good idea. I am open minded to it

Thanks in advance.

P.S Yes, I know I can Google this info and I am....but this is what the forum is for, to ask experienced members for info and advice.

Cheers.

Archived