One 2 Call

jimbobalooba

hi i was wondering if there was a prefix you add before your dialled number (one 2 call) so the recipitent cannot see your number? eg. in uk it is 141. thanks in advance.jim

If its one to call then its a mobile,go in to settings and find sending number and turn it off

Peterpan

hi i was wondering if there was a prefix you add before your dialled number (one 2 call) so the recipitent cannot see your number? eg. in uk it is 141. thanks in advance.jim

As far as I know this facility is not available in Thailand, the caller ID is controlled by the network and there's no by-pass.

Regards

/edit prefix form AFAIK//

Edited by A_Traveller

You cannot withhold your mobile phone number in Thailand.

Sometimes this can be very annoying, but at least minimises nuisance and other abuse type of calls, as the caller can be traced.

If you don't want your number to be known, you can use a landline (preferably through a switchboard) or maybe voip.

or use PCT

You cannot withhold your mobile phone number in Thailand.

Sometimes this can be very annoying, but at least minimises nuisance and other abuse type of calls, as the caller can be traced.

If you don't want your number to be known, you can use a landline (preferably through a switchboard) or maybe voip.

why would u wanna withhold ur number? up to something naughty..............?

If its one to call then its a mobile,go in to settings and find sending number and turn it off

Peterpan

Yes, and if you do that you will not be able to make calls, only receiving calls.

In the U.S.A. the prefix is *67. In some GSM networks/countries the #31# prefix works, but not in Thailand AFAIK. (These prefixes work on a per-call basis.)

1-2-Call may have a super-secret prefix and/or could offer this as an option/feature if they so desired.

You can use a calling card, whereby your caller ID will appear as a trunk number (possibly "02"). You would of course have to pay for talk-time as well as the cost per minute associated with the calling card.

Is it illegal for the network provider to block a caller ID in Thailand, is is it just the way networks are configured and administered.

Is it illegal for the network provider to block a caller ID in Thailand, is is it just the way networks are configured and administered.

If that is true, then how come big companies manage to do it......................

Just which part of....

"You cannot withhold your mobile phone number in Thailand."

.... do some of you have diffficulty understanding? :o

If this is true, why have i recieved calls that say "unknown caller".

they are from out of country, ie Cambodia, N America etc....

Just which part of....

"You cannot withhold your mobile phone number in Thailand."

.... do some of you have diffficulty understanding? :D

If this is true, why have i recieved calls that say "unknown caller".

they are from out of country, ie Cambodia, N America etc....

Or they are using PCT, VOIP or a landline.

This has already been explained :o