Five escape with minor injuries in six-vehicle pile-up

webfact

Five escape with minor injuries in six-vehicle pile-up

By The Nation

6de7cb20c82965568dba6c081e8fb72e-sld.jpe

Six vehicles were involved in a pile-up on a road to Chon Buri province on Sunday morning, with one van overturning and breaking most of its windows.

Fortunately, the accident victims got away with minor injuries. All the five injured were in the overturned van. 

The multiple collision involved two vans, two pickups and two sedans in Bang Saen. 

Police said a car in the front slammed its brakes suddenly giving the vehicles behind too little time to react. 

“Another van tried to avoid the pileup and switched to my lane, hitting the middle of my vehicle and causing it to overturn,” said Chalor Janto, the driver of the overturned van.

Kanjana Phatum, a 30-year-old van passenger, said she considered herself lucky she did not sustain serious injuries even though she was in the overturned van.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359705

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-03
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Not, "the vehicles behind were all following too closely and were therefore guilty of driving without due care and attention."

Yes. I just cannot understand the mentality of driving too close to the vehicle in front. What are they hoping to achieve?

• Like 1

You should always consider the Tailgaters. They are important people and always in a hurry to an important meeting, or to get the last Som Tam. Do not hit your breaks, even if you will die, Tailgaters are the most important people on the road!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:
On 12/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. I just cannot understand the mentality of driving too close to the vehicle in front. What are they hoping to achieve?

They can save some fuel by "slipstreaming"

negligible usable gains! ... unless in this situation:

tailgate.jpg