Is there a specific form for cancelling a work visa

Hi Everyone

I am moving from the kingdom, and will go to cancel my non-Immigrant F work visa at the Immigration Office in Chaengwattana. I have all the letters etc from my school, but there was no form for me to fill out. I don't even know if there is a specific Thai Government form that should accompany this paperwork. It seems like there would be, but I haven't been able to find it online. Can anyone shed some light on this--and if there is a form, please let me know how to find it. 

Thanks

Kevin

Yeah, but I've received the exact opposite advice from many respected members of this forum, the administration of my university, friends who work in the Immigration department, and former colleagues who have left before me. I believe I will do this the proper way, as the likelihood of me returning to Thailand again for conferences and meetings (or at least traveling through it on my way to other places) are pretty high. I was inclined to just leave myself at first, but was told it would just be a pain later if I did. Thanks for chipping in though.

K

immigration does not cancel visas. If you have a entry to the country from a visa it will remain valid until it ends.

Immigration only cancels extensions of stay issued by them. There is no form to request the cancelation.

You will need a termination letter from your employer stating the date you job will be ending.

7 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Just leave the country and don’t worry about it! It doesnt affect you leaving at the border

Actually at some border crossings the will not let you leave the country if you don't have a letter stating your last day of work.

Since leaving the country only makes the extension invalid some people have had problems when they went to apply for another extension because their previous extension had not been formally canceled at a immigration office.

Thanks Ubonjoe

I did misspeak, this is a cancellation of the visa extension. I have the cancellation letter from Thammasat in my hand and will go to Immigration on the December 11th to cancel the visa effective on December 27th, the day my van will reach the Thai-Lao border crossing at Nong Khai/Vientienne. The latest rule is you can go to Immigration 21 days before the date of cancellation to submit.  

K

Edited by krdowney

1 hour ago, krdowney said:

Thanks Ubonjoe

I did misspeak, this is a cancellation of the visa extension. I have the cancellation letter from Thammasat in my hand and will go to Immigration on the December 11th to cancel the visa effective on December 27th, the day my van will reach the Thai-Lao border crossing at Nong Khai/Vientienne. The latest rule is you can go to Immigration 21 days before the date of cancellation to submit.  

K

Does the cancellation letter from Thammasat give December 27th as your last day of work?

Be sure that your employer cancels your work permit. There was some confusion over mine, and the tax office was after me for tax, and informed me ( I have no idea if it is true) that there is a 20,000 THB fine (to the employer) for not cancelling work permit.