The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I think most of us on here, led by Kadilo, were bored with the FFP and other stuff on the club threads so Kadilo opened a seperate thread for people to use. Seems Carmine wasn't aware of that or chose to ignore it; though he may have been on an 'enforced break' at the time. Anyway as you all seem so keen to discuss FFP again, lets.

This City vs FFP situation should be broken down in to two parts; (i) May 2014 sanctions and (ii) recent Spiegel ALLEGATIONS.

(ii) recent Spiegel ALLEGATIONS.

Carmine has posted about EUFA's latest development. City are doing the right thing and keeping quiet and will no doubt come out if/should/when EUFA make any move which challenges City. NONE OF US know the truth behind the recent Spiegel accussations and we will not know until (a) Eufa charges City, (ii) City respond, and (iii) there is an outcome (City sanctioned or City not sanctioned). That is some time away so stop with your City are guilty as NO ONE knows if they are or are not including EUFA until they prosecute City and City's defence is heard and there is a conclusion.

(i) May 2014 sanctions

Colin Savage, financial guy, City fan, etc, has written about how City initially met FFP but were shafted by EUFA moving the goal posts, which is why City were willing to tie up EUFA in the courts for years to come if EUFA would not be reasonable. Take a read of Colin's 2016 articles and his very recent 2018 article:

2016:

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/02/09/city-v-uefa-the-battle-over-ffp-part-i/ 

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/02/13/city-v-uefa-the-battle-over-ffp-part-2/ 

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/02/20/city-v-uefa-the-battle-over-ffp-part-3/ 

2018:

https://boltfromtheblue.live/2018/11/18/how-uefa-shifted-the-goalposts-to-shaft-man-city/ 

I do hope you will read and educate yourselves on both sides of the story - yes there really are two sides to every story - though i very much doubt you will as it's easier to keep posting without knowing isn't it.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Yes, apologies, it's for technical reasons. These large threads are clogging up the server.

That's just a theory , nothing seem the be working any faster today. 

Ben Foster 1 vs City 2

85 minutes cruising; 9 minutes panicking. We played well but should have killed off that game early doors, we had that many chances but Ben Foster was brilliant and kept them in it.

Pluses -

Good to see that the real Sane is back! Merlin, Bernardo, Fernandinho and Mahrez were very decent.

Minuses -

Jesus looks like he’s just joined us from ManU – total loss of confidence – and we desperately need Aguero back.

Delph is/was a worry when he has to defend.

We changed the whole of the back 4 for the game, but more importantly Laporte didn't play in the Premier this season for the first time and oh how did it show!

Not our day. Should have scored when we were dominating and playing well first half. The chelsea goal came out ofthe blue (no pun intended) and i ddidn't think we'd come back. Chelsea got better 2nd half. Couldn't see us scoring and their 2nd killed us off.

Fernandinho, Laporte and Sterling 2nd half (when he was the only threat we had) were the pluses. Sane should have stayed on for mahrez - mistake. Delph isn't up to it and gets targetted. Merlin had a rare off day and looks to have done his hamstring. Not a good day.

Advantage liverpool (missed mahrez penalty, 96th gift from everton...lady luck seems to be a red)...getting veey worried.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. You don't half get giddy quick you scouse fans. Sat with a load of Liverpool fans tonight and you'd think they'd won the league already

Yeah right, like Kevin Keegan giddy? 

Intereting thst nowhere else on the planet would any Liverpool fan be even remotely considering any such notion. Most Liverpool fans are reasonably knowledgeable, but you could be as thick as plank and still understand that this City team of a generation are way better than our team and there are 22 games to go. 

It’s more laughable to be 16 points in front of the Stretford Rangers 1 week in to December, I guess that’s rivalry. 

Not enough chances created last night. Spanish Dave harnessed until he was subbed off and maybe he wasn't fit to begin with. Pretty much controlled the first half, but Kante's opener was huge for Chelsea. They were a different proposition in the second half. Its never easy away to Chelsea.

Hurry back Aguero and reportedly KDB isn't far away.

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. You don't half get giddy quick you scouse fans. Sat with a load of Liverpool fans tonight and you'd think they'd won the league already

Tell me about it. Try working with a load of them when they're on a bit of a roll.

Happy to have moved away long ago. ????

23 minutes ago, rott said:

Tell me about it. Try working with a load of them when they're on a bit of a roll.

Happy to have moved away long ago. ????

Says the fans who let off a blue flare in the ground to celebrate a draw before time. ????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Says the fans who let off a blue flare in the ground to celebrate a draw before time. ????

How do you know the flare was meant to celebrate anything. A fan probably brought it along and wanted to use it before the end of the game.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How do you know the flare was meant to celebrate anything. A fan probably brought it along and wanted to use it before the end of the game.

They have not won at Anfield since the last century, winning a corner is celebrated against Liverpool. 

I guess you'd need to be a bluenose to understand, then again it looks like it may be a scenario you might have to get used to with City being the dominate team of Manchester now. The similarities are becoming more apparent with every season, 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

They have not won at Anfield since the last century, winning a corner is celebrated against Liverpool. 

I guess you'd need to be a bluenose to understand, then again it looks like it may be a scenario you might have to get used to with City being the dominate team of Manchester now. The similarities are becoming more apparent with every season, 

Let's see what happens on Sunday.

Edited by RickG16

City in the press today.

1. Sterling being abused at Chelsea

Said at the time to my wife that i was really impressed with how well Sterling handled himself with all the hate and abuse when he was taking that corner - must have been very tempting to throw the ball in to mush of the gobbiest one. Well done Raheem. It's been put about that the gobbiest one screamed "you f*cking Manc c*nt" and not "you f*cking Black c*nt" - i very much doubt it.

2. Walker is a liability

Apparently off camera Rio and Joe Cole commented that Walker is a liability for his part in the first goal. I'd agree, he can be, he gets caught up field and for Kante's goal it was noticeable he went awol for the goal, but i couldn't fault him for the goal, we could of and should have cleared it but most of all Sane was napping and failed to realise in time kante was free. Ederson also should have done better.

3. Was it a corner?

Theres been some debate did city get a touch to the shot ederson let go out for a corner thinking it was a goalkick. Ive read today it didn't hit a city player but i feel it touched mahrez so was a corner.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^To take a regular midfield starting position at City, Foden or anybody else would have to be better than David Silva or KdB. He's not, certainly not yet at 18 yrs old, so he, Bernardo and Gundogan will continue to provide back up - off the bench or as a backup starter - to Silva and KdB.

6year contract at starting 30k/week (winks gets 40k and hes 22 yrs old) with the team he supports, getting outings, all looks good to me.

David Silva out for several weeks (hamstring); Danilo also out. Pep reckons he has 15 fit for tomorrow. I reckon he'll rest Fernandinho who took a 1st half knock at the weekend. Will he rest Laporte; reckon he should. Going to be an usual team selection. Delph or Stones holding?

Ederson

Defenders: Walker, [Danilo], Kompany, Stones, Laporte, [Mangala, Mendy], Otamendi.

Midfielders: Sterling, Gundogan, [De Bruyne], Delph, Sane, [Silva], Bernardo, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Zinchenko.

Forwards: [Aguero], Jesus.