The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

THE END OF FOOTBALL AS WE KNOW IT | European Super League Reaction

Howson does a good job explaining some of it, I liked the bit where he say Nottingham Forest and ASTON Villa should have more of a say in it than Spurs and Arsenal

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, polpott said:

Joel Glazier is one of them, in fact 3 of the 6 signatures from the English clubs are American. They love their franchises over there. Trying to create an American style league. No promotions, no relegations just a guaranteed cash cow, year after year.

If this goes ahead United will be out of the Premier League, out of the Europa Cup/Champions league and the English players will be ineligible to play for their country. I doubt very much if it will go ahead.

I'm sure we would all like you to be correct that this wont go ahead. However they already have the financial backing of JP Morgan and would have already discussed TV rights with new kids on the block. The whole concept is of course greed and all clubs, players, managers and fans must fight this until there is no breathe left. I could see a total boycott by crowds, sponsorships and every tool in their kit bag.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparkles said:

I'm sure we would all like you to be correct that this wont go ahead. However they already have the financial backing of JP Morgan and would have already discussed TV rights with new kids on the block. The whole concept is of course greed and all clubs, players, managers and fans must fight this until there is no breathe left. I could see a total boycott by crowds, sponsorships and every tool in their kit bag.

Yes, I've modified my view since my last post due to this:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/finance/news/arsenal-tottenham-manchester-united-leave-092002899.html#:~:text=Evening Standard-,Arsenal%2C Tottenham and Manchester United leave European,Association after Super League announcement&text=Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli has,within the new Super League.

Tottenham and Arsenal have ended their membership of the European Club Association (ECA) as Super League founders look to cut ties with Europe's governing bodies.

Arsenal CEO Vinai Venkatesham has also left his role on the board of the association having only been appointed to the post last month.

Manchester United chief Ed Woodward has stepped down from his roles within Uefa, while United have also left the ECA, along with Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli has resigned as ECA chairman and left his role as part of the Uefa Executive Committee in order to take a senior postion within the new Super League.

Sounds like they're serious about this.

its emerging that their main sponsors are Chinese who want TV rights and possibly some games played in China. In time I could see Old Trafford converted to a shopping centre and the club being rebranded as Manchester United Shanghai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, polpott said:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/finance/news/arsenal-tottenham-manchester-united-leave-092002899.html#:~:text=Evening Standard-,Arsenal%2C Tottenham and Manchester United leave European,Association after Super League announcement&text=Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli has,within the new Super League.

Tottenham and Arsenal have ended their membership of the European Club Association (ECA) as Super League founders look to cut ties with Europe's governing bodies.

Arsenal CEO Vinai Venkatesham has also left his role on the board of the association having only been appointed to the post last month.

Manchester United chief Ed Woodward has stepped down from his roles within Uefa, while United have also left the ECA, along with Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli has resigned as ECA chairman and left his role as part of the Uefa Executive Committee in order to take a senior postion within the new Super League.

its emerging that their main sponsors are Chinese who want TV rights and possibly some games played in China. In time I could see Old Trafford converted to a shopping centre and the club being rebranded as Manchester United Shanghai.

Spurs have just sacked their manager!

Just now, ChipButty said:

Some are saying walked 

Some are saying sacked on the spot for refusing to take the team out for training as a result of the news about the ESL. I'm sure that it'll all come out in the wash. No doubt Mourhino will say that he walked, Portuguese face and all that. 555

16 minutes ago, polpott said:

Some are saying sacked on the spot for refusing to take the team out for training as a result of the news about the ESL. I'm sure that it'll all come out in the wash. No doubt Mourhino will say that he walked, Portuguese face and all that. 555

We will miss Jose

18 hours ago, polpott said:

Games will have to kick off in the afternoon UK time if they are targetting the Far East market. 

2 hours ago, polpott said:

Not if they kick off in the Far East.

Massive market out here, look at the pre season tours a couple of years ago, Singapore the whole place ground to halt when United came to town 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, polpott said:

United have pulled out of ESL. The whole shiite show has collapsed. Best news of all is that Woodward has been thrown under the bus and is out of United.

Now for the big one, GLAZIERS OUT NOW!

He was leaving at the end of the season, so what made him jump now 

19 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I heard on some channel the other day Spurs are still paying Poch

Probably, that appears to be the way they do it. For Levy to be seduced by Mourinho's record and charm goes all against the business brain he is supposed to have. They are in the same place they were when Poch was there and Levy's reputation has taken a huge hit.

Mourinho being replaced, albeit temporarily, and then them getting a win if asked he will say "I didn't watch it" .....guaranteed

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Probably, that appears to be the way they do it. For Levy to be seduced by Mourinho's record and charm goes all against the business brain he is supposed to have. They are in the same place they were when Poch was there and Levy's reputation has taken a huge hit.

Mourinho being replaced, albeit temporarily, and then them getting a win if asked he will say "I didn't watch it" .....guaranteed

The Athletic posted an article stating Mourinho has received in excess of 50million quid in compensation from his sackings to date in his career. No wonder he looks happy.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

What has Mr Giggs been up to? Very sketchy details at the moment

He has apparently been whupping up on bunches of women. That fellow is going to have a tough time finding good jobs in football...you would think.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, mrbojangles said:

What has Mr Giggs been up to? Very sketchy details at the moment

On 4/23/2021 at 6:21 PM, jellydog said:

He has apparently been whupping up on bunches of women. That fellow is going to have a tough time finding good jobs in football...you would think.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...guilty already without anyone hearing both sides of the story...he will get his day in court to try and clear his name.

Barry Bennell has his place in City,s history...why not comment about a factual story rather than innuendoes.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...guilty already without anyone hearing both sides of the story...he will get his day in court to try and clear his name.

Barry Bennell has his place in City,s history...why not comment about a factual story rather than innuendoes.

Its the accounts of TWO women vs Giggs plus the police were called to the scene of the alleged crime. Also Giggs morals are questionable after an 8 year affair with his sister-in-law.

You mention Bennell. Are you in any doubt that he was not guilty as proven?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Lighten up Peter. Even my United mates are taking the mickey on this one. Saying things like "Former Manchester City youth player Ryan Giggs has been charged with assault on 2 women"

As for Bennell. Disgusting individual, who got proven guilty and deserves every minute of jail time. As far as I remember though, didn't he do the crimes he was jailed for whilst at Crewe? Can't remember the full story