The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Castles with another scoop.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-star-paul-pogba-13675979

In a post-match dressing down delivered in front of the entire United team, Mourinho is understood to have called Pogba “a virus”. According to a dressing-room source, Pogba was admonished with the words: “You don't play. You don't respect players and supporters. And you kill the mentality of the good honest people around you.”

Nev, here's another one of those City fans vs ManU fans surveys (2014) we love:

1. City fans are more concentrated in the areas around Manchester than ManU fans. Only 28% of British ManU fans live in the North West region, while 49% of City fans do.

2. City fans hate ManU more than ManU fans hate City 

3. ManU has more fan numbers in the younger age range of 18-34. City’s fanbase has a higher percentage of older people.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2014/03/21/manchester-football 

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It'll be a rare occasion this weekend when i want ManU to win - how sad is that - but i bet you <deleted> it up for me. Still you usually do well against the red scousers so fingers crossed. Get that bus parked!

I know you're still fairly new to it, so I'll give you a tip about the title race - never rely on anyone to do you any favours.

I would much rather you retain the league than them win it.

Actually Rick I'm not new to it as my first title was back in the 60s so no tips are required thanks, but yes you're right you shouldn't rely on other teams. Your comment makes me think you're waving the flag already before tomorrow's game.

Understand your comment on liverpool, as apparently they're your derby opponents (snigger), because as a City fan I'd prefer anyone other than our derby opponents ManU to win the title in any season.

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

you're waving the flag already before tomorrow's game.

Like everyone else I don't know what to expect.

One thing I'll say is that we usually play well against big teams even this season (Chelsea + Juve away etc), where we go wrong is not being able to perform against teams we should be taking three points off every time. My biggest concern is the defence. Maybe he will realise we can't rely on the current defence and just go kamikaze. Or he could set up with two banks of four and look to hit on the counter... which is not parking the bus!

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks @Bredbury Blue for the heads up on this a few weeks back.... Not watched it yet, but the opening lines from Sir Bobby draw a very creepy parallel to what it happening right now. And what a man for admitting he probably should have been left out of the team.

Cheers for posting it; I'll  watch it during  the  week.

Ps. Is that you and your young lady shown in the photo? If it is R2D2 will be fancying you ????

^^ says it all that you come to gloat in here first instead of posting on your own thread. Classless scouse rats.

Scousers were better team but not by much. Even though we are pretty much on our knees at the moment, we still had opportunities to win it. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

^^ says it all that you come to gloat in here first instead of posting on your own thread. Classless scouse rats.

Scousers were better team but not by much. Even though we are pretty much on our knees at the moment, we still had opportunities to win it. 

Sweet ricardo, missed the game what was the score mate? Walk me through it lad

If that the sum of what the team can offer to the biggest derby of the season then Mourinho should pack his bags now.

What on earth did he think he was doing bringing on Fellaini to sit infront of Metic and Herreira!!!  Against an attacking three that Liverpool possess that was always heading for disaster.  Dreadful tactical management.  I m surprised Carrick didn't raise an eyebrow at that.

Time for Jose to start demanding more respect and telling again of his past achievements because there ain't nothing in the pipeline anymore!!!

• Like 1

Jose and half of that team should fall on their swords. They should be honest with themselves and the fans and admit they don't deserve their salaries. That was Man United V Liverpool and the display was not only lacking any quality but more importantly, lacking any guts. I'll have to have a look later but I reckon United's % passes completed/accuracy was very poor

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Jose and half of that team should fall on their swords. They should be honest with themselves and the fans and admit they don't deserve their salaries. That was Man United V Liverpool and the display was not only lacking any quality but more importantly, lacking any guts. I'll have to have a look later but I reckon United's % passes completed/accuracy was very poor

Thats Mourinho gone in effect.  If that's all he can get from his United side playing Liverpool then it's all over.  As you say, its time for the players to be honest with themselves, although i'd be surprised if any of them,  bar Fellaini,  like playing Brand Mourinho football.  I'm quite confident in saying that his attacking midfielders must be yearning to play a modern high intensity , high press game rather than being stifled in Mourinho's turgid negative shitball.

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

long before you arrived on this forum we used to enjoy rubbing it when either team won this fixture. 

Feel free to do it on our thread next time you beat us!

In the meantime let the hate flow out you rick, I’m sure there is a lot more pent up in there, better out than in sweetheart ???? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think you need to calm down Rick with all the scouse rats malarkey!! But,  whilst i'm on here, as a neutral, let me give you a little reality check....they were "not the better team by much" they were light years better, on a completely different level in every facet of the the game.  Men playing boys ineptly set up, tactically rubbish.  It was a horror story from start to finish for a United fan.

If you can't see that then you are hopelessly blinkered.  In short you took a beating not truthfully reflected in the margin of victory.  Although, it really didn't seem like a loss to Liverpool was going to spoil your players night out.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2