The Official Farm Photos Thread

33 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

Give you a clue. F'ck me its hot! Appetite versus RH and temp. Your birds look like they might be panting?

They are starting to but only the last couple of days, they're getting towards 3.3kg 

Max temp is 28degC with the pads on 80%RH and at the same time feed consumption has levelled out together with water consumption.

Funny, they drink exactly twice as much as they eat litre/kg.

I am thinking of adding ceiling vents towards the pad end. Only small openings but to let in warmer air. Theory is as it cools and drops the RH should decrease. What do you think?

What did you do about the flies? They drive me nuts.

Edited by grollies

7 hours ago, CLW said:

Thanks for the details.
I wished all chickens in Thailand would be raised in this way...

A lot are. Wifey is on a Line group with 300 other farms, they all share tips and experience. The only downside to most other farms is biosecurity, mostly non-existent. All the meat and blood testing though is standard. I'm happy eating Thai chicken.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grollies said:

They are starting to but only the last couple of days, they're getting towards 3.3kg 

Max temp is 28degC with the pads on 80%RH and at the same time feed consumption has levelled out together with water consumption.

Funny, they drink exactly twice as much as they eat litre/kg.

I am thinking of adding ceiling vents towards the pad end. Only small openings but to let in warmer air. Theory is as it cools and drops the RH should decrease. What do you think?

What did you do about the flies? They drive me nuts.

At 8am it is 24C here and 86%RH. As the day warms up the temp will hit 35C and the RH fall to around 50%. You will have to explain how those vents could work? I am no expert on that stuff.

Flies have never been a serious problem in our village. The EM usage in cleaning and dosing compost virtually eliminated all flies. You could try spraying the litter.

• Like 1

Disappointing day today. Abbatoir put us back two days on catching which meant catching in the daytime plus extra weight on the birds. All males, waiting for weight average but around 3.2kg. Some were up around 3.6kg.

Anyway, as a result we lost 650 birds today plus the 450 we lost over the 44 days. This is a mortality rate of 5% which is the norm but up till today we were at 2%.

That means a hit of around B50,000 so we're all on the piss now.

I'll post up final figures if you like when we get them.

We learnt a few things today so onwards and upwards.

Edited by grollies
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

Any profit is better than not and if lessons are learnt, there is a future. As they say, if there is a way for things to go pear shaped, they will. A night on the turps is probably justified, enjoy.

Thank you mate. I might move/start another topic as this is the farm photo topic. We're having chicken for dinner....and probably the next three weeks....

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, grollies said:

Thanks, some blood, a lot of sweat and some tears went into that build but it has been worth it.

Nice chickens. Does your wife raise the flat ones too?

• Haha 2

Just now, grollies said:

Thank you mate. I might move/start another topic as this is the farm photo topic. We're having chicken for dinner....and probably the next three weeks....

How many chickens can you eat a week? Hey I have a large Singer chest freezer sitting doing nothing if you want to borrow it. (used to store 3 100kg pigs in it)

Edited by IsaanAussie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I have that tractor, the pics above are us driving the farm truck, called an E10 with a 5 speed gearbox and the usual single cylinder Kubota lump.

I'm sure you have seen them around.

Normally it hauls our cup rubber to market auction...

In the pics below, delivering a few years ago to the local crepe factory.

But driving into town on the odd rare occasion is a great laugh. The locals love seeing a Felang driving one of these....

20160118_160356.thumb.jpg.9a5ac7056bea0e0cc582c63c595fe543.jpg20160118_160341.thumb.jpg.93fa7a342c11df06f9c477df1899d3b1.jpg

That's a lot of condoms  !

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...