Great news for Ozzies.

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

People have many streams of income not just pension or superannuation. Is the OP saying that the embassy will now check them all? How they gonna do that? They can't! That's the whole reason the stat decs were stopped and same reason brits stopped theirs and the others

I'm afraid the OP just got lip service so the dude could get to his hi so resteraunt for lunch

For goodness sake, I do my best for fellow expats and all i get  is abuse and unfounded ,twisted, response. The op is not saying, and never implied, read my op, the embassy will now etc. That is not the reason the stat decs are to be stopped, according to the embassy, not you. Read my op. I am no dude, I did well in my working careen and now enjoy the benifits that.  There is only one reason some people are upset over the embassy letter matter. They either don't have 800000 k or they don't have the monthly income. Why else would they be put out ?  They are here illegally, if they do not meet the financial requirements. I don't want 800000 on the bank, so I am going to start putting the required monthly amount in the bank and after a year, mums your uncle. If retirement visa runs out before then, there are  ways to stay here until the money has been going in for a year. I don't give a hoot about those who don't meet the the financial threshold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cleverman said:

here is only one reason some people are upset over the embassy letter matter. They either don't have 800000 k or they don't have the monthly income. Why else would they be put out ?  

Those with the income (like me) are upset, because there is no clear way to prove our incomes, to Immigration's satisfaction, without an embassy-letter - which has been the required, "must have" document for doing this for many years.  We have only one report, from a small office (Mukdahan) of someone getting an income-based extension without an embassy-letter.  We have no statement from Thai immigration HQ, stating what "will be acceptable" in lieu of embassy letters going forward.

This is why your post was of interest to many of us (though I have a USA-passport) - because maybe, there is something else we can do - maybe getting our income-info docs stamped at the embassy - which Immigration might accept in place of the embassy-letter.

6 minutes ago, cleverman said:

I don't want 800000 on the bank, so I am going to start putting the required monthly amount in the bank and after a year, mums your uncle

That's what I am doing too - documented foreign-transfers every month.  My fingers are crossed it will be accepted - but I am not terribly confident it will be.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

For goodness sake, I do my best for fellow expats and all i get  is abuse and unfounded ,twisted, response. The op is not saying, and never implied, read my op, the embassy will now etc. That is not the reason the stat decs are to be stopped, according to the embassy, not you. Read my op. I am no dude, I did well in my working careen and now enjoy the benifits that.  There is only one reason some people are upset over the embassy letter matter. They either don't have 800000 k or they don't have the monthly income. Why else would they be put out ?  They are here illegally, if they do not meet the financial requirements. I don't want 800000 on the bank, so I am going to start putting the required monthly amount in the bank and after a year, mums your uncle. If retirement visa runs out before then, there are  ways to stay here until the money has been going in for a year. I don't give a hoot about those who don't meet the the financial threshold. 
I didn't call you dude. Read me response again.

Not sure how your successful life has anything to do with it either

Your post is confusing and long winded. How about you chop it down to a paragraph without all the grandeur and just give us the facts?

Nobody is critiquing you but you are seeing it that way not us

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, glegolo said:

He said that if we,expats, take documents proving out income, they will continue to certify them after the cut off date for stat decs. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and goodnight. 

unquote

If this is true, than congratulations to the people of Australia, you are back again, and the liars can sit their in their own dirt...

glegolo

So, assuming the income letter is valid, will the Thai Immigration authorities still accept it?  Remember, the latest news was that embassies were no issuing the letters.  It was far from clear if the Thais, due to various reasons would still accept income verification letters. 

22 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So, assuming the income letter is valid, will the Thai Immigration authorities still accept it?  Remember, the latest news was that embassies were no issuing the letters.  It was far from clear if the Thais, due to various reasons would still accept income verification letters. 

I think that if USA, UK and Australia promise to better themselves, and really confirm the income not the bloody signtures, than maybe, just maybe, you guys will be back on the field again playing ball.. Otherwise you will still be in the doghouse until you clean up your act...

glegolo

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I think that if USA, UK and Australia promise to better themselves, and really confirm the income not the bloody signtures, than maybe, just maybe, you guys will be back on the field again playing ball.. Otherwise you will still be in the doghouse until you clean up your act...

glegolo

For the USA, it would require changing laws regarding what State Dept's consulate personnel are permitted to do, and the UK would have to change their privacy laws.  For embassy-personnel to call up pension-providers, brokerages, business-accountants, etc - and verify the figures presented on documents are accurate would be literally "illegal."  So, it's not as simple as "cleaning up" something. 

It would also be very difficult, from a bureaucratic standpoint, and financially prohibitive for the end-user, even if the laws were changed and the bureaucratic-framework built to do such a thing.

Unless the remaining "letter" embassies are independently verifying the figures provided to them by contacting all the income-sources - vs saying, "Well, this looks like a 'real' statement from such-and-such" - then it is no more valid than what the UK was doing, prior.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

And for those formerly on the income method, just how were we not clean.... more of the same high ground wisdom. And to others here OP clearly went out of his way to inquire and give feedback ,negative comments abound. Little wonder he,s cranky ! In the absence of concrete directives which will never come, its left up to you! Sound familiar....

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

It's not an income letter. That's what the brits had and pulled the pin

It's a statuary declaration. It's against the law to change the legal basis of that document by only approving it with supporting documents.

OP Is completely confused and getting upset about it.

It's either a stat dec with no supporting docs

Or it's an income letter with supporting docs making the embassy liable which hasn't been announced and most certainly won't happen IMO

OP needs to clarify this or it's going to be 1000 posts of nothing

Where in my op is it indicated that I am confused. Feel free to cut and post . Read my op. I'm not going to repeat it. Before you critise me, please read my op. I have nothing to clarify.  I reported what the immigration bloke told me. Nothing more and nothing less. It is you all who are reading other things into this , not I. 

2 hours ago, cleverman said:

Please cut and post where I said "they lied" in my first post. Please stop making things up, or , prove what you say. 

I attended, many of my Oz mates were worried because they have been making false statements on their sta decs. (4 years imprisoment if guilty of making false stat decs).

If false statements on a Stat Dec isnt lying I dont know what is!!

Edited by Expattaff1308

1 hour ago, madmen said:

The other thing is they can not force you to provide proof with a stat dec as that would no longer be a stat dec.

The Australian Embassy would have to issue their own letter upon verifying that Joe blogs gets an income from his property rentals by calling the agents in oz

AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

Here we go again, for goodness sake. Where in my op did I say the embassy said they would have to issue etc. please feel free to cut and paste. 

If I make a stat dec stating my income for the forthcoming year will be 65k a year, I can't lie about it. I can't tell what will happen for sure in the future. 

If it is about intention then I havent lied.

If I said my previous years income was 65k a month and it wasn't then that is a lie and a false statement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stud858 said:

If I make a stat dec stating my income for the forthcoming year will be 65k a year, I can't lie about it. I can't tell what will happen for sure in the future. 

If I said my previous years income was 65k a month and it wasn't then that is a lie and a false statement.

and THAT is was has happened way too many times

glegolo

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

All 100% true.  The future is unknown, but there are some general guidelines that can be applied.  Govt social security is a reasonable and reliable future source, granted some states and governments and private pensions have gone sour.  Holding 100,000 shares of ATT paying 6% dividend and earning 100k USD a year in dividends is a good bet.  Granted the person my later sell the shares and buy a house and lose the dividend as an example. My point is some reasonable standards for predicting and asserting future income can be made.  I myself have a fairly large portfolio of dividend paying stocks and bonds and funds that pays over $60,000 USD a year.  Now is that reliable future income?  I say yes.  All my bonds and all my stocks are not going to stop paying dividends. Note this is not trading and buying and selling.  This is simply holding and collecting dividends and interest.

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Talk about thread growing legs. The op started this over wine and chesse night. Then topic head.. "Great news for Aussies".

What news? ..news from a gossip piss up. This in incredible nonessential tripe.

Read my op and stop making things up. I never said the info was from a gossip piss up. You have shown that you are the one talking incredible nonessential tripe. If you can't talk fact, then give it a rest. Once more, for about the hundredth time, cut and paste from my op to back up your accusations, or, can it. 

5 hours ago, madmen said:

I didn't call you dude. Read me response again.

Not sure how your successful life has anything to do with it either

Your post is confusing and long winded. How about you chop it down to a paragraph without all the grandeur and just give us the facts?

Nobody is critiquing you but you are seeing it that way not us

Please tell me what confused you in my op , give an example of my grandeuring. "Critiquing me" , no , not at all, everybody is praising me , applauding me for consulting with my embassy and reporting what I was told. 

• Sad 1

Rubbish thread. Perhaps responses written in English language from op might facilitate more helpful response.

Fact is this thread is based on nothing factual or accurate information. In fact based on information over a chat. Then posted "good news for Aussies" .

As we say in au...give me a break.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

Please tell me what confused you in my op , give an example of my grandeuring. "Critiquing me" , no , not at all, everybody is praising me , applauding me for consulting with my embassy and reporting what I was told. 

Grand standing is your headline for this thread. Based on to much wine crackers and cheese. and only replying to questions by saying " read the OP. Again"  

"He said that if we,expats, take documents proving out income, they will continue to certify them after the cut off date for stat decs. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and goodnight."

Being such and educated chap and having done so well in life as you claim didn't it occur to you to ask how they would verify them?

How on Erath would they verify hundreds of different income streams?

It's just total nonsense. If you want to play reporter then you blew it by not asking the hard questions.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Grand standing is your headline for this thread. Based on to much wine crackers and cheese. and only replying to questions by saying " read the OP. Again"  

"He said that if we,expats, take documents proving out income, they will continue to certify them after the cut off date for stat decs. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and goodnight."

Being such and educated chap and having done so well in life as you claim didn't it occur to you to ask how they would verify them?

How on Erath would they verify hundreds of different income streams?

It's just total nonsense. If you want to play reporter then you blew it by not asking the hard questions.

Read my op. I never said they would verify any income streams. I blew what? What hard question should I have asked? Would have, should have, I have told you what questions I asked and gave you the the response. Get of your bar stool and go and ask them yourself the questions you say I should have asked. Have you heard the saying, water off a ducks back? 

Read my op. I never said they would verify any income streams. I blew what? What hard question should I have asked? Would have, should have, I have told you what questions I asked and gave you the the response. Get of your bar stool and go and ask them yourself the questions you say I should have asked. Have you heard the saying, water off a ducks back? 
That's the problem. You SHOULD have asked. We are back at square one again.

Are you actually reading anything I've said?

You need to go back and ask the hard questions. I can repeat them over and over but you seem to not understand what a question is.

It's like your in a dreamland

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

Why are you talking about future earnings? The base for the income letter is what you did earn last year.... nothing else...

glegolo

I was told differently by a retiree. How you want to word your statement is up to you and I've been told that stating that you "will be" earning income and not mentioning the past is acceptable for an extension at immigration.

But like most things,  it's up to the IO if they find something fishy in your application I guess.

Is there any website listed rule that says your statement must show previous years income. 

34 minutes ago, stud858 said:
5 hours ago, glegolo said:

Why are you talking about future earnings? The base for the income letter is what you did earn last year.... nothing else...

glegolo

I was told differently by a retiree. How you want to word your statement is up to you and I've been told that stating that you "will be" earning income and not mentioning the past is acceptable for an extension at immigration.

But like most things,  it's up to the IO if they find something fishy in your application I guess.

Is there any website listed rule that says your statement must show previous years income. 

The retiree was correct.

Your previous years income is irrelevant. Immigration want proof of what your income will be for the year of your extension.

18 hours ago, Thaidream said:

However, Thai Imm may not accept the General Affidavit but it is readily accepted by  the American Court System;  IRS and pension providers as i have used it before. The Affidavit is sworn under penalty of perjury and is subject to prosecution of one lies.

How the US system regards the Affidavit is hardly relevant here, and I suspect how the citizen regards one he makes here in Thailand for Thai Immigration purposes is also regarded scantly. How many prosecutions of US citizens for such perjury have been pursued?