Cheap barber in Pattaya

bbi1

I just get my head shaved with hair clippers every few weeks, a very simple job that takes a few mins. Does anyone know where there are cheap barbers and roughly their prices? Something in the Pattaya area around Beach Rd to 3rd road is ideal.

Edited by bbi1

Do it yourself. I bought hair clippers in the UK for a fiver 10 years ago and have never been to a barber since. My Thai girlfriend now does me once a month. It takes her 5 minutes and I still have both ears.

Any Thai barber understands number 1, number zero, but they are stumped if you ask for a powslap.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

many massage shops have a little salon room. One of the girls typically can give a quick cut.   I had mine done by a girl in the little massage shop just past the Opey Place hotel off of Soi Bukhao.   I was staying in the room/hotel place right next to the massage place.  can't recall the name now.  zero = soon, one = nung. Should convey the clipper extension to use.  I get my hair buzzed to a 3 (som or saam) here in the USA.  $5 bucks at the mall.  in and out in minutes.  I also bought a pair of clippers back in 2004 and have used them about half the time each year.  Have recouped their cost many times over.

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I heard there was a hair cutting school on third road north of pattaya tia toward pattaya klang. Price is free.

Mr Joe,s Hairdressing academy turn left at the 3rd road/pattaya tia lights coming up from walking st direction and they are 30 metres up on the left side walking towards pattaya klang free haircuts by students/supervised and they appreciate a little tip.....not essential though :thumbsup:

p.s. if your a hansum chap one of the "students" may give you their phone number.....male or female :clap2:

9 hours ago, petermik said:

Mr Joe,s Hairdressing academy turn left at the 3rd road/pattaya tia lights coming up from walking st direction and they are 30 metres up on the left side walking towards pattaya klang free haircuts by students/supervised and they appreciate a little tip.....not essential though :thumbsup:

p.s. if your a hansum chap one of the "students" may give you their phone number.....male or female :clap2:

Have you tried them out? Were they ok? Did you manage to get a free haircut and a phone number? lol

Edited by bbi1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Have you tried them out? Were they ok? Did you manage to get a free haircut and a phone number? lol

I tried them. The free haircut was no worse than the ones I have paid 70B or 100B for.

At the back of the market in South Road there are barbers that charge 60B, though they aren't very reliable either.

In 40 years here I've never had any good haircuts, yet in the Philippines they were all good and the same price as here, or less. All done with just comb and scissors there too: clippers are for sheep-shearing, not hair-cutting.