Turning off aircon with fan on

Gulfsailor

On cold and rainy days like today (at least where I am in the South), it bothers me that the aircon cannot be turned off in my Toyota Sportrider. Of course with the fan off it is okay, but in heavy rain the windows then fog up. With the fan running, the aircon also comes on, and even in its lowest (least cold) setting it's too chilly.

Any ideas if it's possible to add a physical switch that turns off the aircon compressor while stil allowing the fan to work?

thanks!

1 hour ago, Fruit Trader said:

If its like the Hilux turning the temp control down fully will release the compressor clutch and the AC stops working.

Check clutch and controller are operating correctly.

Okay. Will check that. But it had this issue since I got the car when it was almost new.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2018 at 1:35 PM, Gulfsailor said:

On cold and rainy days like today (at least where I am in the South), it bothers me that the aircon cannot be turned off.....

Why am I always reading about it being cold in the north, and cold in the south, yet where I am (the middle) it never gets cold enough to turn the air-con off?

That said, on my vehicle if I turn the blue knob all the way anti-clockwise it does stop cooling the air without stopping the fan.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Why am I always reading about it being cold in the north, and cold in the south, yet where I am (the middle) it never gets cold enough to turn the air-con off?

That said, on my vehicle if I turn the blue knob all the way anti-clockwise it does stop cooling the air without stopping the fan.

My Triton is exactly the same.

this is the downfall, in having cars typically in LOS not having a heater incorporated! not so much for supplying the Heat, but that the concept of having Climate Control, goes out the back door

Another train of thought:

i have recently been doing roof ventilation, using Eberle Thermostats in my own case.

These are for 12 volts, have N/O and N/C contacts i.e for the option of using them to provide selectable Heating or Cooling switching function.

Thermostat's contacts are perfect for controlling your aircon relay coils

Full range of temperature control; from 0 to 60C