Drive Through 90 day Reporting at Phuket

Bachgencwm

A friend did it the other day for a 90 day report- took about two minutes and he was very complimentary.  I have heard a few other people say it is fine as well.

I'm not due for another report until late Jan but will update then. I just need to modify a selfie stick to hand stuff across (or drive the wrong way around).

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

A friend did it the other day for a 90 day report- took about two minutes and he was very complimentary.  I have heard a few other people say it is fine as well.

I'm not due for another report until late Jan but will update then. I just need to modify a selfie stick to hand stuff across (or drive the wrong way around).

Easym just go through in reverse! ????

• 4 weeks later...

I ventured to Phuket immigration today for my 90 days reporting using the new drive-through. I waited in a queue of one bike and one car for about eight minutes then approximately four minutes to have the new slip in my PP.

I never would have thought that I'd be saying anything complimentary about going to Immigration but credit where it's due it was a very efficient service. ????

On 1/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, hansgruber said:

I rode through on a scooter. Took about 2 mins and was on my way back home. 

Very efficient. 

Efficient indeed as a friend went on Wednesday to try it out and it was done in a couple of minutes, whereas I did mine at Patong and despite the queues it took about 3 mins in all..........however the last time they just wanted my passport, but this time asked for the front page copy as well as the last retirement ext copy.

I went there today. Only two cars in front but it took about 15 minutes to get to the window. It's nice to be able to sit comfortably in your own vehicle, with air-con, listen to your own music and no need to look for parking.

When I got to the window, the IO apologised for the wait - "It's a Monday" - and I was done in another 3 minutes.

Overall, a very good experience. Well done, Phuket Immigration.

Just back from my first ever 90 day report in person.

The wife has always done it in the past because it was convenient for her  on the bike and my medical issues made access difficult.

They refused to accept my report from her yesterday because, with the drive through, they consider a medical condition is no longer an impediment.

I drove in wanting to do the "Hard Talk" asking why it was acceptable for people to report on-line, by post, or with a paid agent, but not by wife.

However the IO's stunningly beautiful face, peering out from the slightly open window, took the wind from my sails.  I did manage to ask what could be done to make my report work on-line and she indicated I should talk to someone in a separate building behind the new toilets (there's even a disabled facility there!). Because that would have required finding a parking spot we (she) decided to try that another day.

Anyhow, the whole thing took about 5-6 minutes which included my query, and the time it took for a blond haired dick on a bike to slowly pack his pp into the backpack, comb his hair, adjust everything and slowly start up and move away.  The Jap on the pushbike between us was gone in about a minute.

Certainly painless, if you don't count having to endure the wife's driving on the highway.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

<Snip>

Certainly painless, if you don't count having to endure the wife's driving on the highway.

???? Know the feeling. Wife have to drive me back from eye doctor after dilation drops. She more annoyed with my running recommendations on lane choice and the like.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, phuketrichard said:

the building behind the new toilets is for holders of L-A visa's ( migrant work visas...Burmese,Laos, Cambodians)

It's a big building, there might be other offices there, or the girl may have just been fobbing us off to get rid of us.

Pulled in at 0916, pulled out again at 0917, with a cheery 'see you next time' from the IO. Will post the (thrilling) dashcam of it after if I can be bothered. No vehicles in front of me and impressed by the service.

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

??

He said;

i take that to mean he re registered the same address where he had been staying

NOT changing address.

Ok. 

I found this.

Col Kathathorn Kumthieng, Chief of Phuket Immigration Office explained that the services provided through the Drive Thru window are:

1. Picking up one-year permits-to-stay

2. 90-day reporting

3. Confirmation of registered address (if no changes, after returning from staying out of Phuket).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-drive-thru-opens-69435.php#TkgSJ6wtikWm0yW6.99

So far all good reports about this drive through. I was a naysayer, but am pleasantly surprised it's working so well. 

Now, if only they could expand it to accept and simplify long term resident's permit renewals.:violin:

I know expats who have been jumping through the hoops for nearly 40 years.

• 3 months later...

Re Phuket Drive through .... So do you have to go in Person? 

My kids are on British Passports with One year Visas, Our 90 day reporting is due soon (in 13 days), just tried on line for all of us and each got a "Goto Immigration office" type message.

ie Do my kids really need to skip school for a 90 day report ?

2 hours ago, Clifford S said:

My kids are on British Passports with One year Visas, Our 90 day reporting is due soon (in 13 days), just tried on line for all of us and each got a "Goto Immigration office" type message.

Who knows what they may want on the day. 

I would try it without the children and see what happens.

36 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Who knows what they may want on the day. 

I would try it without the children and see what happens.

I would agree with that. So long as family names are the same you should be good to go.

The online registration seems to be down this past month.  

Well that's interesting (I think), tried on line again the morning for my 90 day notification and it worked !

Feeling on jubilant then went onto my son's Passport and low and behold :

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

The thing is it shot the message up instantaneously it looks like it didn't even try to access or submit any immigrations servers...

Maybe I'll try a few times during the day, or at Midnight perhaps ...

On 5/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, Clifford S said:

No need at all to skip school, you or an agent can do it for them. I have not done 90 days reporting ever in person.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

No need at all to skip school, you or an agent can do it for them. I have not done 90 days reporting ever in person.

Thanks. Actually I waited til 9.45am and managed to register the kdis via the good old on line system !

My theory and I'm sticking to it, Lots of people need to go Immigration Monday morning, systems/servers work a bit, crash under the load, IO/IT guy comes in has his coffee, watches the TV a bit, then is informed a server is down, hits the ON/OFF switch and Bobs you Uncle....

Well either that or the rain !

Archived