Drive Through 90 day Reporting at Phuket

Bachgencwm

27 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Fascinating but are you actually in Phuket and affected by this bold initiative? Nope- didn't think so. ????

Impossible.

they take ur passport, go to the computer, type in ur info, print out new slip, give it back

no way in 27 seconds, even 1 minute i doubt

12 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Fascinating but are you actually in Phuket and affected by this bold initiative? Nope- didn't think so. ????

Actually, I've lived in Kamala for the past 9 years. We're practically neighbors.

13 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Impossible.

they take ur passport, go to the computer, type in ur info, print out new slip, give it back

no way in 27 seconds, even 1 minute i doubt

Last time I timed about one minute. Assistant does the computer thing. Officer chatted to me about my open top car. I was all so fast. One car in front. Took a bit longer as lady had to walk round car to get passport. 

They could have so easily reversed the traffic flow in/out Phuket Immigration.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, Clifford S said:

Re Phuket Drive through .... So do you have to go in Person? 

My kids are on British Passports with One year Visas, Our 90 day reporting is due soon (in 13 days), just tried on line for all of us and each got a "Goto Immigration office" type message.

ie Do my kids really need to skip school for a 90 day report ?

Shouldn't need too..... as far as I'm aware the 90 Day Report doesn't have to be done in person. You can get anybody to take passports in to do it.

For visa renewals and the like, on the other hand, by law they should be done in person, thus folks will need to miss school, work or whatever.

As to the drive through facility..... For the last couple of 90 Day reports I parked my motorcycle in the area opposite, and walked up to the window. Done in a few minutes.... Just put the passport in the outstretched hand; no fuss or even eye contact required. 

5 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Shouldn't need too..... as far as I'm aware the 90 Day Report doesn't have to be done in person. You can get anybody to take passports in to do it.

For visa renewals and the like, on the other hand, by law they should be done in person, thus folks will need to miss school, work or whatever.

As to the drive through facility..... For the last couple of 90 Day reports I parked my motorcycle in the area opposite, and walked up to the window. Done in a few minutes.... Just put the passport in the outstretched hand; no fuss or even eye contact required. 

I don't use the drive-thru for 90 day reports, I do it online. Much, much easier.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

I don't use the drive-thru for 90 day reports, I do it online. Much, much easier.

Fascinating but what relevance dos your comment have to THIS thread about using the Drive-thru?

A lot of people prefer this option and its far more reliable. It's hardly an inconvenience.

8 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Fascinating but what relevance dos your comment have to THIS thread about using the Drive-thru?

A lot of people prefer this option and its far more reliable. It's hardly an inconvenience.

Informing people that they don't need the drive-thru for 90 day reporting, if they can do it online. Isn't that obvious? Might it not be helpful to some?

You don't think that is relevant?

On 6/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Well done if it works; folks I know have had mixed results. Going to the office is a sure thing.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:09 AM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Informing people that they don't need the drive-thru for 90 day reporting, if they can do it online. Isn't that obvious? Might it not be helpful to some?

You don't think that is relevant?

I refer you to my second paragraph. THIS thread is about DRIVE THOUGH 90 day reporting- there is a separate thread about ONLINE reporting. You have a (very American) habit of criticising what other people do-its rather annoying. Just wait for my update on driving to Bangkok- I can almost predict your answer.

IT SUIT SOME PEOPLE TO USE THE DRIVE THROUGH- get over it. There are numerous reasons that reporting in person has benefits over online reporting.

I bet you would find fault with the drive through vehicle tax station in PKK as well.

15 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I refer you to my second paragraph. THIS thread is about DRIVE THOUGH 90 day reporting- there is a separate thread about ONLINE reporting. You have a (very American) habit of criticising what other people do-its rather annoying. Just wait for my update on driving to Bangkok- I can almost predict your answer.

IT SUIT SOME PEOPLE TO USE THE DRIVE THROUGH- get over it. There are numerous reasons that reporting in person has benefits over online reporting.

I bet you would find fault with the drive through vehicle tax station in PKK as well.

Whoa.....you need to calm down before you blow a blood vessel.

Archived