Jomtien Immigration Today 11 December for 90 Day Report

I was at Jomtien yesterday as well, but had to do a TM30 and then a Residence Certificate. In at 9.30 and out by 3. A long day, but they do get through a lot. I was number 193 in the queue for the TM30 and I guess they did about 500 for the day so pretty efficient. Very confusing as the tickets only have a range of 100. I wondered what the R2 was on my ticket and found out quickly enough when the first 93 was called. ???? :smile:

Edited by rhodie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am optimistic for tomorrow, hoping to do the 90 day report and retirement extension, I will be meditating for 2 hours and hydrating before I set off!

Shouln't be long on a Thursday if you give the early morning rush time to settle down.

i done my 90 day about 10 days ago everything very good as always however one very pleasant change was the lady doing my paper work for the 90 day was very happy smiling and chatty.

i have to say for the first time in 19 years it was a pleasure to see one happy smiling immigration officer.

• Like 1

I normally go (to Jomtien) on a Tues/Wed/Thurs unless the Mon/Fri is a holiday.

Show up around 7:30 and you may be between 1st-5th in line (usually). Read my book until the doors open at 8 (maybe earlier if it looks like it might rain or is raining). Get my ticket, read some more. 

IO starts at 8:30. If I'm #1, by 8:02 I'm heading back out the door. If I'm #5, by 8:10 (or earlier) I'm on my way.

It has improved immensely over the years, once you are "entered" into the system. Even when I made a short trip to Cambodia and had a new Departure Card (and different 90 day "date") it barely took and extra minute or two for them to update the info and issue my next report date.

It actually goes so smoothly I thought they should be in the little office on the left (as you enter the building) and people could just walk in one door, hand their passport to the IO, get their new date and walk out the far door a minute or two later. Wouldn't even need chairs or queue numbers !

16 hours ago, dabhand said:

Did my 90 day last Tuesday, 4th, around 2pm. Expected a big queue, being the day before a holiday, but only about three ahead of me at the counter. Picked up the ticket and my number was on show when I headed to the desk. This despite all the seats (for other desks) looking fully occupied. So, took about 5 minutes.

Yes, Jomtien ticks all my boxes!!

Good to hear !  As I'm going to do the same within a week, could You tell what You have to bring for the 90 days report. I forget. Last Year I remember I brougt too many papers ?

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I normally go (to Jomtien) on a Tues/Wed/Thurs unless the Mon/Fri is a holiday.

Show up around 7:30 and you may be between 1st-5th in line (usually). Read my book until the doors open at 8 (maybe earlier if it looks like it might rain or is raining). Get my ticket, read some more. 

IO starts at 8:30. If I'm #1, by 8:02 I'm heading back out the door. If I'm #5, by 8:10 (or earlier) I'm on my way.

It has improved immensely over the years, once you are "entered" into the system. Even when I made a short trip to Cambodia and had a new Departure Card (and different 90 day "date") it barely took and extra minute or two for them to update the info and issue my next report date.

It actually goes so smoothly I thought they should be in the little office on the left (as you enter the building) and people could just walk in one door, hand their passport to the IO, get their new date and walk out the far door a minute or two later. Wouldn't even need chairs or queue numbers !

Forgive me, and it is your choice of course, but you arrive at 7:30am and leave at  8:10 am?  They start at 8:30am, so I take it you mean 9:10am?  If so, then you take  100 minutes to do what I did in 50, half the time, and at one of the busiest times of the day?  Seems illogical to me if you don't  mind me saying so.  

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

So many of you going to Jomtien just to make your 90-Days report... 

You surely do not help to reduce queues in this Immigration Office.

For most people online report works fine. Why not use it ? :unsure:

I combine that trip to immigration with other chores I need to do in the City.  As I make a point of hardly ever going anywhere near Pattaya or Jomtien normally,  it works for me.  

49 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Forgive me, and it is your choice of course, but you arrive at 7:30am and leave at  8:10 am?  They start at 8:30am, so I take it you mean 9:10am?  If so, then you take  100 minutes to do what I did in 50, half the time, and at one of the busiest times of the day?  Seems illogical to me if you don't  mind me saying so.  

My bad.
Too busy watching hockey games while I typed. I meant 08:32 or 08:40.

I'm usually out of there within a couple minutes of them starting to work, so if I'm first in line (i.e. #401) then I'm usually finished by 08:32. I think the highest number I've gotten in the last couple of years was #405 and was still finished by 08:40.

It's much the same when I do my yearly extensions. I show up early, am often between #1-3 for desk 8, they start at 08:30 and I'm usually on my way home by 09:00 (so between 60-90 minutes in total depending how early I arrive) and then another 30 minutes (roughly) the next day to pick up my passport and get my new Multi Re-entry stamp. 

Not sure about how long it takes to do business at the other desks, but they seem to move a lot of people through there quite quickly these days. I've gone in around 10:00 to pick up my passport and seen the 90 Day desk IO(s) sitting idle and the queue number in the 60s. (Not long ago I remember one busy day when I was #3 and there were people walking around looking for a place to sit that had numbers in the mid 50s but once they get rolling they can zip through those in less than an hour (if there are 2 IOs at the desk).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhodie said:

I was at Jomtien yesterday as well, but had to do a TM30 and then a Residence Certificate. In at 9.30 and out by 3. A long day, but they do get through a lot. I was number 193 in the queue for the TM30 and I guess they did about 500 for the day so pretty efficient. Very confusing as the tickets only have a range of 100. I wondered what the R2 was on my ticket and found out quickly enough when the first 93 was called. ???? :smile:

If you have to "wonder" about things then I think there is room for improvement with their ticket system which I'm sure we all agree. I know what to expect when going there.  That's a bonus i suppose. 

Step1 They really need to move to a more appropriately sized building. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

My bad.
Too busy watching hockey games while I typed. I meant 08:32 or 08:40.

I'm usually out of there within a couple minutes of them starting to work, so if I'm first in line (i.e. #401) then I'm usually finished by 08:32. I think the highest number I've gotten in the last couple of years was #405 and was still finished by 08:40.

It's much the same when I do my yearly extensions. I show up early, am often between #1-3 for desk 8, they start at 08:30 and I'm usually on my way home by 09:00 (so between 60-90 minutes in total depending how early I arrive) and then another 30 minutes (roughly) the next day to pick up my passport and get my new Multi Re-entry stamp. 

Not sure about how long it takes to do business at the other desks, but they seem to move a lot of people through there quite quickly these days. I've gone in around 10:00 to pick up my passport and seen the 90 Day desk IO(s) sitting idle and the queue number in the 60s. (Not long ago I remember one busy day when I was #3 and there were people walking around looking for a place to sit that had numbers in the mid 50s but once they get rolling they can zip through those in less than an hour (if there are 2 IOs at the desk).

It is a bit of a lottery.  Some swear that the afternoon is better, but I figure that I want the IOs to be fresh and not jaded by the time I get there. I kind of  switch off and go with the flow, regardless of how many people are there.  I figure that its only once every 3 months, with a bigger trip once per year for the extension itself, so I can cope with that. 

28 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It is a bit of a lottery.  Some swear that the afternoon is better, but I figure that I want the IOs to be fresh and not jaded by the time I get there. I kind of  switch off and go with the flow, regardless of how many people are there.  I figure that its only once every 3 months, with a bigger trip once per year for the extension itself, so I can cope with that. 

Yeah, from what I've read though, Jomtien is a breeze for any kind of Immigration-related matters compared to some other places. I always take a book but I've got novels that I haven't finished in 2 years now because I'm rarely there long enough to get through a couple of chapters before I'm out the door again !

There have been times though when that place has been overflowing with people. I've arrived as early as 07:15 (the day after an extended holiday) and the line up was to the flag pole and by the time they started letting people in, the line up was out of the parking lot and nearly 20 meters up the street. 
I remember that I was able to get my business done quickly enough and when I left, even though the inside of the place was full, the line-up was still backed up out onto soi 5 for nearly 10 meters or so.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were to move to a newer, larger place in the near future but then, with all the crackdowns and deportations, as well as the different "demographic" of tourists coming here, perhaps they will start seeing a downturn in the size of the people needing to do business at Jomtien.
I doubt too many of those "zero dollar" Chinese tourists are getting Extensions on their Visas or doing 90 days reports, and I rarely see any Indians there either. 

But you are right - it's only once every 90 days(ish) and once every year - unless you can rig it just right and do a 90 day at the same time as you do your Extension. (Only been able to do that once so far.) Got to work on planning my 90 Day dates a little better but even if you have to make an extra trip it's not a big deal - for most people.

(But as we know - for some - taking an hour out of their day to do a 90 day report or yearly extension is an hour that they would rather be spending glued to a bar stool and thus it is nearly a fate worse than death to have to go to Immigration ONCE every 90 days.)

And you'd think that some of them would at least have the courtesy to shower at least once in those 90 days but that seems to be a bit much to ask of some of them as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jesimps said:

Shouln't be long on a Thursday if you give the early morning rush time to settle down.

Well actually it was Wednesday today and it certainly didn't settle down! I got the 90 day report done fast and was told at 10.15, come back in afternoon for extension. At 12.30 they tried to tell me come back tomorrow, but I wasn't having it. Waited until 2.45 to be seen. They were packed for retirement extensions with a big spillover from Tuesday. They plowed through them pretty well though... my wait was 70 ahead of me! Although they seemed to skip the first 20 quickly. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well actually it was Wednesday today and it certainly didn't settle down! I got the 90 day report done and was told at 10.15, come back in afternoon for extension. At 12.30 they tried to tell me come back tomorrow, but I wasn't having it. Waited until 2.45 to be seen. They were packed for retirement extensions with a big spillover from Tuesday. They plowed through them pretty well tough... my wait was 70 ahead of me! Although they seemed to skip the first 20 quickly. 

I've  actually only done 3, 90 day reports in the last 3 years, as I have been lucky enough to  have been taking trips out of LOS at the right time and then resetting the 90 days as I return.  This next 12 months I only plan for one trip outside the Kingdom so its Jomtien a little more often for me.