At least one dead, 10 wounded in French Christmas market shooting

webfact

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

Sad to read of this terror attack (French authorities have confirmed terrorism related). Was in Strasbourg November last year and noted the armed military presence in the main tourist areas in the old city. Wishing quick recovery for the wounded and sympathies to the people of Strasbourg and families of the murdered.

Claims the attacker was injured in return fire by security forces, trust there will be a rapid arrest (prefer to see these morons jailed for life rather than a quick kill).

The only problem with that is they go on to radicalise other people in prison.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

You could have suggested,that we all transform into the 3 wise monkeys. Would that solve the problem?

No. But blood pressure and percussive impacts on keyboards would both be significantly reduced.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Crikey! There was me thinking that I should dislike people who go around murdering total strangers for no reason other than being a member of a different belief to them.

And rightfully so. It's those that subsequently hate ALL members 'of a different belief' due to the acts of (yes another) singular murderer 'of a different belief' that are the haters I was referring to.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

I'd bet the farm on it. Yesterday the repsort that I read said that the attacker was taking part in a robbery at the market. I took it with a pinch of salt of course.

I saw a report on BBC earlier in which they said the killer was local, had been radicalized (without actually mentioning which religion!) and was known to police as a national security risk.

Christmas is coming - and so are the terrorists! Those Christmas Markets make inviting targets for these lunatics.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I saw a report on BBC earlier in which they said the killer was local, had been radicalized (without actually mentioning which religion!) and was known to police as a national security risk.

Christmas is coming - and so are the terrorists! Those Christmas Markets make inviting targets for these lunatics.

yeah - the perp fits the official definition of "local", which just means born & living in Strasbourg.  In Thailand, he would still be considered a tourist or a guest.

apparently, a Thai tourist has died

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/fait-divers/fusillade-de-strasbourg-qui-sont-les-victimes_2052995.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, katana said:

The only problem with that is they go on to radicalise other people in prison.

An issue for prison administration to address. In Oz a law was passed that if at the end of initial sentence period the prisoner is still assessed as a threat, detention can be extended - indefinitely.

An emotional thought and a lot of sadness for all the victims of France and Thailand.
There are no words to describe this tragedy.
The laxity of the French and even of Europe (I quote Germany, Belgium) makes it possible to leave dangerous, cowardly, cowardly, cowardly, at liberty, whereas they have sentences shortened as long as fifty arms.
In France, there is a big cowardly slayer who lives in prison, in a 5 stars and who makes rain and good weather.
When will it be transferred to Thailand or to an Arab country ???
French, Europeans, wake up.

It's been reported that Anupong Suebsamarn and his wife had originally planned to go to Paris but went to Strasbourg to avoid the political demonstrations there.  How ironic!  Hope his wife gets the assistance she needs right now.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:54 AM, pedro01 said:

Shame they didn't search his house yesterday.

You have to wonder just how many of these "known by the police", there  are - because they seem to always be known - but still get away with stuff like this.

26.000 if you read the article. 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:06 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Europe has changed beyond recognition. Would it not make sense for the natives to compromise and move and rename Christmas to co-incide with Eid al Fitr? Many countries have dumbed it down to "WInter Holiday", or "Winter Festival" to avoid upsetting those that hate Christmas and Christians, what difference would it make to change the date as well? A small sacrifice to save countless lives, sounds like a reasonable idea.

Got to be trolling. If people don't like/hate Christian ideals/festivals in Christian countries then they know where the airports are and can sod-off to live where they would be happy in the lands of the religion of peace. Far to much PC nonsense going on now.

Edited by Brigand
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, manarak said:

yeah - the perp fits the official definition of "local", which just means born & living in Strasbourg.  In Thailand, he would still be considered a tourist or a guest.

apparently, a Thai tourist has died

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/fait-divers/fusillade-de-strasbourg-qui-sont-les-victimes_2052995.html

Born and living in Strassbourgh for 29 years and a citizen of France!

I dont know, how much more "Local" you need?

Does his name have to be Henry Pompidou le Clerc and he has to carry a baguette under his arm, at all times and smoke Gallouises?

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Born and living in Strassbourgh for 29 years and a citizen of France!

I dont know, how much more "Local" you need?

Does his name have to be Henry Pompidou le Clerc and he has to carry a baguette under his arm, at all times and smoke Gallouises?

His body could be in Strasbourg, but his mind could be in Mecca, a town which only allows members of one "faith" to enter.

Edited by My Thai Life

7 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

His body could be in Strasbourg, but his mind could be in Mecca, a town which only allows members of one "faith" to enter.

...your point is?!\

What has got to do with the fact, that he was born and raised in France and by definition was a "local"!

You know...not like one of those evil refugees...

12 minutes ago, DM07 said:

..your point is?!\

What has got to do with the fact, that he was born and raised in France and by definition was a "local"!

You know...not like one of those evil refugees...

He clearly is evil, and his evil is clearly linked to the ideology of a specific "faith".

I don't know whether he's a refugee, an immigrant, or the son of an immigrant, and frankly I don't care.

He clearly isn't culturally "local".

Edited by My Thai Life
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, roo860 said:

With the Frenchman getting shot by a Thai, and the Thai getting killed by a 'Frenchman ', could be seen as a 'draw '.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/12/2018 at 5:29 PM, janclaes47 said:

The shooter at the Christmas market definitely had the wrong location.

Both posts are disgusting. Something like this shouldn’t be posted here. 

• Like 1

I've never been to the Strasbourg Christmas market, in fact I've never been to Strasbourg, though my friends tell me it's a most beautiful city.

But I have been to several of the Christmas markets in that part of Europe. There's a sense of cosiness and tradition, as well as good hot grog, that's heart-warming to me as a European.

Edited by My Thai Life