Strong Smell of Gas

Jumbo1968

On 12/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, eyecatcher said:

Yep,I will go with that. I was stretching my point a bit into methane build up in landfill sites or even under melting glaciers which are now exploding.

Agree its highly unlikely that pressure can build up in pipes and manholes and a vented systems primary role is to prevent a vacuum and disabling the wc.

Didnt want to appear argumentative, we are all here to learn snippetts from each other when all said and done.

Well, yes, your post has led me to learn a few snippets. I looked up exploding glaciers and while I can find references to glaciers exploding due to thermal contraction and expansion and glaciers having volcanoes erupt under them I can't find mention of glaciers contaning methane exploding due to spontanious combustion. If you've got a link that'd be great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grollies said:

Well, yes, your post has led me to learn a few snippets. I looked up exploding glaciers and while I can find references to glaciers exploding due to thermal contraction and expansion and glaciers having volcanoes erupt under them I can't find mention of glaciers contaning methane exploding due to spontanious combustion. If you've got a link that'd be great.

https://www.livescience.com/58436-are-methane-explosions-causing-siberia-craters.html

• Like 1