Am I the only one ?

MrScratch

Yesterday there I was once  again standing in front of an ATM machine drawing out some more cash, when it struck me . I seem to be locked in a perpetual Groundhog Day cycle , a never ending repetitive robotic nightmare of standing in front of an ATM ????

Then another thought ???? I all ways seem to be for ever opening my wallet to either take out yet another 1,000 Baht note , or removing my bank debit card to make yet another purchase ????

Back home in good old Blighty , I used ATM machines and debit cards , but it never felt like it does here in Thailand ????

Any one else have that same feeling of being in an endless continuing loop of standing in front of an ATM , or continually opening your wallet .

Or is it just me ????

I go into the bank to withdraw (with debit cards) at the counter every month.....

Then I deposit what I want in a Thai account & stash away the rest to use - or not use during the month.... 

There's no Thai ATM fees from this direction but still an international fee from my US bank.....

Saves 50-70% versus multiple withdrawls & I seem to manage spending better rather than always feeding at the trough.....

Randomly I repeat my pin#'s over time lest I forget as I rarely use them....

Since I started doing this I'm usually only using an atm when on an international trip....

I think it has a lot to do with a cash economy, you can set up a couple of direct debits but most bills etc end up being cash. Back home most bills would be direct debit or pay on-line.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived