X-Ray Outlaw: 506 foreigners arrested in weekly crackdown

webfact

506 foreigners arrested in weekly crackdown

By The Nation

xray.jpg

Police Thursday arrested 506 foreigners mostly for living illegally in Thailand.

The results of the operations to check for foreigners nationwide were announced at a press conference at the Grace Hotel on Soi Sukhumvit 3 at 1:30 am by Pol Maj Gen Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, deputy Immigration Bureau chief.

xray2.jpg

Itthipol said 52 foreigners were arrested for overstaying visa, breaking down to 29 Myanmar people, 10 Laotians, five Indians, three Cambodians, two Russians, two Nigerians, and one Vietnamese.

He said 384 others were arrested for having sneaked into the kingdom.. They are 206 Myanmar people, 112 Laotians, 52 Cambodians, four North Koreans, three Indians, three Vietnamese, two Nigerians, one Pakistani and one Belgian.

Itthipol said 70 other foreigners were arrested on other charges. They are 46 Myanmar people, six Laotians, five Cambodians, two Vietnamese, two Americans, one Chinese, one Malaysian, one Kazakhstan citizen, one Indian and one Pakistani. The citizenship of four of them is still unidentified, Itthipol added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30360380

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-14

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Is there not another word for foreigners from Asia? When i hear the word fallang i always assume them to be white Westerners. For me a person from Myanmar is not a fallang.

I keep meaning to start a thread on the different spellings of farang. That is a new one.

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Just three westeners in that lot. In the good old times it would've been over half, but they've all already moved out of Thailand.

Hence they have had to extend the definition of "foreigner" to cover all fish in the sea.

They've pulled the same nifty trick with "tourist".

• Thanks 1