Windscreen badly scratched

ClareQuilty

I picked up an old 1980s Mitsubishi Galant a few months ago for just 15,000 baht (no mechanical issues, just lots of back taxes). So I'm very happy with the old highway cruiser, except for on problem - a heavily scratched windshield. See photo. I asked at local hi-end car detailer if they could be buffed out, but they didn't have this capability. Any advice or recommendations? 

IMG_20181214_192943.jpg

Depends how enthusiastic you are I suppose, if you need to go and buy the tools etc then it may not be cost effective to try and then ultimately find out that it doesn't work... Got cover under your insurance? Might be worth checking as a lot of companies do put that in there

If you do it yourself then any rubbing compounds can be found on Lazada if not available in your local area...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Depends how enthusiastic you are I suppose, if you need to go and buy the tools etc then it may not be cost effective to try and then ultimately find out that it doesn't work... Got cover under your insurance? Might be worth checking as a lot of companies do put that in there

If you do it yourself then any rubbing compounds can be found on Lazada if not available in your local area...

As the car only cost 15Kthb it's unlikely that he has the type of insurance that would replace his screen for him.  As JoeW said any reasonable car detailer could sort that ... wonder what the High end detailing shop guys talked about for the rest of the day ..................????

5 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

As the car only cost 15Kthb it's unlikely that he has the type of insurance that would replace his screen for him.  As JoeW said any reasonable car detailer could sort that ... wonder what the High end detailing shop guys talked about for the rest of the day ..................????

I'm in Mahasarakham. So there or Khon Kaen, Roi-Et, Kalasin are all convenient. Yeah the scratches are very numerous and very small/shallow. As for the local hi-end detailing shop, of course they're used to perfect new cars as that's what Thais drive. Hard to find anyone with lo-so knowledge. 

6 hours ago, ClareQuilty said:

I'm in Mahasarakham. So there or Khon Kaen, Roi-Et, Kalasin are all convenient. Yeah the scratches are very numerous and very small/shallow. As for the local hi-end detailing shop, of course they're used to perfect new cars as that's what Thais drive. Hard to find anyone with lo-so knowledge. 

JoeW is in Kalasin ... take it to him ...

• Like 2