Extend my 90 Day Single Entry

I have posed a few questions in the last few days re Extending my 90 Day Non O Single Entry Visa based on being in receipt of my U.K. Pension which I got a Hull.

Currently I would need to have the 800000 baht in the Bank before the 1st of January, my thoughts are now extending my 90 Day Non O Single Entry. I will be leaving Thailand on the 19th of March, my Visa expires on the 3rd of March.

Can  I extend it at Immigration or would I need to do a border run and could I extend it for up too 16 days ?

The other question is, could I go to Hull in May and get another 90 Non O Single Entry based on me receiving mum U.K. State Pension ?

The reasons for all my recent queries are the poor exchange rate and I am reluctant to transfer the 800k whilst the rate is hovering around 41 baht, possibly next year it might have ‘recovered’

The only extension you can get is the one year extension.

You could do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

It should be not problem to get another single entry non-o visa at Hull.

You might want to consider getting a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in London.

Another option is to get a OA long stay visa that would allow unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue. You can use funds in a bank in the UK to meet the 800k baht requirement to apply for it.

Jumbo, I think your in situation that could be best served by using an agent. The 800k money in bank (with pound down) bit of nasty option. Also other issues. Maybe use an agent this first time then for next extension you can have things all organized and we also will hopefully more clarification around the income method.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only extension you can get is the one year extension.

You could do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

It should be not problem to get another single entry non-o visa at Hull.

You might want to consider getting a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in London.

Another option is to get a OA long stay visa that would allow unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue. You can use funds in a bank in the UK to meet the 800k baht requirement to apply for it.

Thanks Joe as usual very informative answers.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Jumbo, I think your in situation that could be best served by using an agent. The 800k money in bank (with pound down) bit of nasty option. Also other issues. Maybe use an agent this first time then for next extension you can have things all organized and we also will hopefully more clarification around the income method.

I have also thought to do 16 day overstay and pay the fine when I leave on the 19th of March but I am not too keen on having an overstay stamp in my Passport ?

12 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have also thought to do 16 day overstay and pay the fine when I leave on the 19th of March but I am not too keen on having an overstay stamp in my Passport ?

Personally I would not do an overstay. Especially 16 days. As has been suggested you have few options. You could even not extend your non o (basically throw it away) and get 15 days visa exempt with trip to border. That way you could obtain O-A when back home or new non-o. Don't think you mentioned where in Thailand you are. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Personally I would not do an overstay. Especially 16 days. As has been suggested you have few options. You could even not extend your non o (basically throw it away) and get 15 days visa exempt. Don't think you mentioned where in Thailand you are. 

In Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As has been suggested you have few options. You could even not extend your non o (basically throw it away) and get 15 days visa exempt with trip to border.

He would get a 30 day visa exempt entry at a land border crossing. The 15 day entry rule was rescinded almost 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

In Pattaya.

Since your in Pattaya, you could fly utoppo to say udon thani take a mini bus to nong khai. As ubon joe pointed out you will get 30 day visa exempt (i incorrectly mentioned 15). Maybe not your best option but post anyway for someone in similar but not so similar situation to yourself.