‘Phoenix’ substandard – more officials face legal action

webfact

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I'm sure that all the sufficiently filled brown envelopes were placed in the proper hands to approve this vessel.  

But if you actually read the post it is going to reach around and bit them on the backside in this case. Karma is a Beatch.

I thought the biggest joke was transferred to immigration? What is happening here? He cannot let the police franchise go? Is he having second thoughts about taking the position? He has zero authority in police matters anymore. He is now an immigration franchisee. Granted, the top franchisee in the nation, but still he has to rely on immigration only, for his rather lavish living, and presumably enormous income. 

As stated in the article: “More officials or engineers who were involved in the plans, and who approved the boat’s registration, will face legal action. The former Phuket Marine Office Chief has already been arrested and facing legal action for ignoring his duties.” 

We all hope that the marine office chief gets sentenced to decades in prison, for being so lax in his job. Will that happen? One has doubts. But, will anyone further up the food chain take responsibility? How about high ranking army members, who are responsible for public safety, and safeguarding the tourism cash cow? Bet none of them ever see the inside of a jail cell.

Prayuth was installed to protect the elite, the super wealthy, those that are connected, those that are in power, and the police. He has done a fine job in that assignment. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I have a feeling that a lot of rich people are going to be very poor.

There is just too much wrong not to see this become a bigger case than it is.  

Chinese lawyers I am sure are just waiting for all the shoes to drop until they can start filing civil suits

Also people are going to have to be charged and punished if TAT wants to keep the tourists happy.  

But will they check all boats in service?? Will they hell as like!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

This will be good to see someone be sent to jail.    I can't imagine that China will not use their clout to insure true justice.  

But they will not be happy to learn that there were so many things wrong with this boat, not just the design but also the way in which it was approved and then handled.  As one poster said, this boat is probably not the only such disaster waiting to happen on Thai waters.  With the number of accidents on water and on the roads, it seems that, whenever possible, flying is the only safe way to travel.

46 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I have a feeling that a lot of rich people are going to be very poor.

There is just too much wrong not to see this become a bigger case than it is.  

Chinese lawyers I am sure are just waiting for all the shoes to drop until they can start filing civil suits

Also people are going to have to be charged and punished if TAT wants to keep the tourists happy.  

I thought you knew Thailand better than that Kingston Kid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

It looks like its a bit more serious now

The former Phuket Marine Office Chief has already been arrested and facing legal action for ignoring his duties.”

Hope they are talking about Phuripat (sp).

The most useless marine chief Phuket has ever had the misfortune to have.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

So that means they will have to make room in the inactive post room, wow how is that possible, it must be full to bursting by now.????

After the new building with offices for the inactive was occupied two days after the grand opening ceremony, the government decided to keep them in a fenced open air facility:

inactive%202_zpsqxl9yyay.png Now I wait for the news: 

Big Joke is hunting the CHINESE designer of the floating coffin. That would solve all the problems.

• Haha 1