CM to Chiang Rai, where are the road constructions?

FMFK86

It's Rt. 118, but the construction isn't really a problem. We rode over it all on a motorcycle two weeks ago without a  problem. Unless you're riding a dirt bike, just go a bit slower. If you're riding a dirt bike, just go a bit faster and have some fun!  On a day with traffic, there may be a bit of a backup, but it will add only an extra 15 minutes to your ride.

18 hours ago, damascase said:

All of the construction is on the 118, in the last 30 km before reaching Mae Cachan Hotsprings.

Yes indeed. I recently drove my car from Chiang Mai to Mai Sai. The climb from Doi Saket into the mountains and the descent the other end towards Mae Khachan is the same. All the main construction work is in the "high" valley between the two locations and is quite extensive. Some lengths new, others rough. Slow going.

Avoid the 118 now if you can - Just done a tour via 107 to Fang and ThaTon ( stay overnight by the river and visit the temple -amazing views from up there ! ) from ThaTon you drive on to Chiang Rai - nice road - make sure you fill up your bike in or before ThaTon or even Mae Ai not many gas Stations after ThaTon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived