Debts incurred during marrige

Rubberdoll70

2 hours ago, colinneil said:
20 hours ago, manhood said:

Sorry but everyone who marries in Thailand is totally crazy. Why not stay with someone but don't marry her as you marry the whole family. Stay away!

Your above post is totally crazy, yet you say i am why?

I am legally married to the best wife any man could wish for.

Not married to her family, yes they used to come asking, sometimes stealing.

I sorted that by having an electric motor fitted to the gate, and security fencing.

Now have a dog that only understands commands in English, outlaws come to the gate, have to ask permission to get in, dog growls at them, when they try to stop the dog, shouting at her in Thai, she just continues growling.

If my wife wants to speak with them she goes over to their homes,

I reckon you've missed the point of "mahoods" comment, his comment is making reference to the original post.

if I am liable for any other debts during the marriage?

Your marriage issues are off topic, he is calling you crazy because you will inherit all your wifes debts.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have been with my wife for 13 years and 8 of these are through marriage, and I can assure you I have not married any of her family. I know it is just a figure of speech. The only thing I have ever been asked for was my wifes brother asked her to ask me if I could let him borrow my motorbike for a few hours as he knew myself and my wife were going out together in the truck.

That was the only time any of her family has ever asked me for anything in the 13 years I have known them.

No doubt you  can handle yourself but those who have been taken weren't smart enough to say no but yet they have the GALL to tell everyone else to stay away or you are crazy for getting married.....  I have been married 5 years and together 9 years and the family knows not to ask.  Anything I do is because I want to do it. 

• Like 1