Tourist Visa Application Dilemma

I recently got married in Thailand (November) although the official paperwork for the marriage registration is still getting processed.

I am now back in the UK, after being in Thailand since last May using an METV visa (I made 3 trips outside of the country during this time, each for a week or so, entering back to Thailand to get another 60 days from my METV Visa. I extended last 60 day entry at immigration to get an additional 30 days before I headed back to the UK last week).

My plan was to apply to get the Non-O Multiple Entry Visa via post from London, however due to the registration of marriage taking longer than I had anticipated at the Amphur I went to, it means the registration of marriage will not be complete until after I go back.

I intend to apply for a SETV from the London Embassy via post, so that I can enter Thailand next month, get the marriage certificate etc and then head off to a nearby consulate/embassy to get the Non-O Multiple Entry Visa.

I am just concerned about the fact I have just come back recently following my METV that perhaps they will not issue me a SETV so soon after.

Is it worth mentioning my situation and sending additional documents to them with the application such as bank statements, copy of the marriage documents I have supplied to the Amphur in Thailand (complete with stamp to show it's being processed) or will this not help/be unnecessary? 

I know the requirements for an SETV do not include things such as bank statements but thought it might help in my case - along with the reason why I plan to return back so soon after my METV expire. 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated