In need of advice and extension info

I posted earlier about a problem I had with not having my money in the bank in time for my marriage extension so they were going to nick me for 4000 baht. I was told that I could get a two month extension and then go for the year one after that. That works out better for me since I have to go back to the States at the beginning of May and would be gone for at least 6 months. That would give more time before having to get an new extension when I came back in Nov.

Here is the question. This is my last time of having to return to the US for such a long time, but I may have to stay longer due to the fact that my wife is going for her citizenship. I am thinking of not going for the marriage extension at all and getting a visa when I return. Can I get two two month extensions in a row? If I can that would get me pass my leaving date. If not, am I only left with border runs? What is the visa on arrival for US citizens? Thanks in advance for any help.

You can only apply for one 60 extension per entry.

A good option might be to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet that will valid for one year from the date of issue. That would allow you to stay until your planned trip and then use it when you enter the country again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Ok, So if I am understanding this. Since I am on an Marriage extension now until Jan 24,  (entered on reentry on Nov 28) I can't do a 60 day and then the one year? I am closer to Vientiane. What they need for a Marriage visa?

You can do the 60 day extension and then one year extension without a problem. The earlier replies were for doing back to back 60 day extension which you cannot do.

You can only get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane. The multiple entry can only be applied for in Savannakhet.

To apply for non-o based upon marriage you will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. The fee for a single entry is 2000 baht and 5000 baht for a multiple entry.