Proof of Residence Outside of BKK?

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Go try getting a hotel in BKK, Pattaya, & Chang Mai. Have just had to do same and all the places I tried required Passport. Small hotel might bend the rules but most won't. Seems what they now want now is Visa details. D/L doesn't have that.

I have just changed my Passport has a new No: that doesn't correspond with my D/L that has old one.

I stay at the Woodlands Resort in Pattaya and never show my passport. Maybe because I speak fluent Thai and have an honest face. lol

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Newbies have new rule's that i and the old chaps spoken with didnt need as our licences were done 27+ years ago on faded blue books..

old champs have hard time adjusting to the new stuff and easily confused... it happen quite often

15 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

I stay at the Woodlands Resort in Pattaya and never show my passport. Maybe because I speak fluent Thai and have an honest face. lol

Well done you. Have you seen the new rules that have come into affect in the last few months??? Big signs in all the Immigration offices have been displayed stating same.

Failure to report where your staying if you are away from your registered address for 24 hours, You will be fined. So if the hotel doesn't go by the rules and take down & send off your Visa/Passport information it's you that will have the problem not the hotel.

They might get a slap on the wrist you will pay up. Then again only if they stop you and check (More than likely not) but the rules are the rules. So if the BIB want to have a spot check as they have been doing in Pattaya and other places, you'll be buggered. Seems they want to know where we are all the time now. Getting like a Nannie state.

I have just spent some time in Pattaya (Not by choice) & BKK and both hotels I booked into I received a paper stating I have paid and my details have been registered. That was given to me as I booked in. Never had that before.

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Well done you. Have you seen the new rules that have come into affect in the last few months??? Big signs in all the Immigration offices have been displayed stating same.

Failure to report where your staying if you are away from your registered address for 24 hours, You will be fined. So if the hotel doesn't go by the rules and take down & send off your Visa/Passport information it's you that will have the problem not the hotel.

They might get a slap on the wrist you will pay up. Then again only if they stop you and check (More than likely not) but the rules are the rules.

When asked, Jomtien Immigration specifically told me (and others) that I did not need to register my address with them again if I was returning to my own condo. So that would make your signs rather pointless.

11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

When asked, Jomtien Immigration specifically told me (and others) that I did not need to register my address with them again if I was returning to my own condo. So that would make your signs rather pointless.

Correct. The sign doesn't say that it says if you leave your Place of residence, In your case your Condo. You must register where you are staying in Thailand within 24 hours. If Hotel they will/should do it. If staying at any other place (Example friends/family place) house holder must notify either the local police or immigration. Within 24 hours. Failing to do same fine. Not sure who pays that.

The only time you need to re-register your home address with immigration is if you leave Thailand, even for 1 hour. On returning to your place of residence house holder must re-register you with local immigration also must be done within 24 hours of your return or asap if the office isn't open. (Weekend Thai holiday.)

The only time you don't have to re-register within the 24 hours is if staying at Hotel for a few days on your return from abroad provided you have a receipt from the hotel you would be staying in.

No receipt from hotel instant fine staring at 800bt going up the longer you leave it. House holder pays that.

The last bit a friend stayed at Hotel for 3 days on his return from abroad, wife used her ID card no receipt In his name she/he paid 800bt. I had the same problem we left it three days to register on my return from abroad. We got away with the fine as My Wife's brother had just died and she told a porky that she was in BKK so wasn't about to register me. They didn't like it but believed her. 

Please read my post again. As I didn't say what you have stated in your reply.

Archived