Jump to content

Woman arrested in Facebook hacking scam


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Woman arrested in Facebook hacking scam

By The Nation

 

39df1157ba8a7f08eb882fbb55ea33ac.jpeg

 

The metropolitan police have arrested a woman who has been allegedly using hacked Facebook accounts to deceive people to transfer her money for goods that do not exist.

 

Police chief Maj Gen Itthipol Atchariya said Wilairak Yoo-on, 22, was arrested on Wednesday at a shopping mall in Pathum Thani's Thanyaburi district.

The Phayao Court issued the arrest warrant in June 2016.

 

Itthipol said Wilairak allegedly deceived others out of about Bt300,000 during the past three years by selling tools that she did not have.

 

Itthipol said the woman bought hacked Facebook accounts from an unidentified man for Bt400 and copied details of goods fromKaidee.com to post as if she had goods to sell.

 

The victims and the shops of products she copied information from met and filed a joint complaint with police.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360827

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible! After all, the police chief of region 1 has insisted that he's "never seen a case of Thais conning Thais" and that it's invariably foreigners who perpetrate cons against locals:

 

 

Or perhaps that region 1 chief is dead wrong and he better should touch base with his colleague,

 

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Police chief Maj Gen Itthipol Atchariya

... who can probably fill him in on one or another of these allegedly non-existing cases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet, aren't social media venues one large scamming con - in one fashion or another? 

 

Things are never what they appear to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have absolutely no social media I think it is a big scam and not secure or safe.

Just self indulging immature childish games.

 

 

Thats ok.... those self indulging childish people placing themselves as such great risk may consider someone with such views a Luddite.... 

 

How do you get along with Internet Banking etc ?

 

Facebook etc is fine just so long as it doesn't take over a persons life... I personally think it is an excellent way of keeping in touch with friends and family.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

Thats ok.... those self indulging childish people placing themselves as such great risk may consider someone with such views a Luddite.... 

 

How do you get along with Internet Banking etc ?

 

Facebook etc is fine just so long as it doesn't take over a persons life... I personally think it is an excellent way of keeping in touch with friends and family.

I have e-mail ( change password regularly ) and obviously post on TV, line with maybe 5/6 contacts, that's it. If I really need to have a conversation with someone I call them and talk to them. Need money? go to the ATM or to the bank.

Faecesbook, twitter or tweet? wouldn't know them if they jumped up and bit me on the ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I've never seen a case of Thais conning Thais - it's always foreigners who are responsible!

Unfortunately, they scam each other way more than they scam us. In fact, I’d wager they hate each other more than us, until they have to turn against us, then they all hate us.

 

Ever try to break up or see someone try to break up a Thai on Thai fight or domestic abuse? Both will usually turn on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have absolutely no social media I think it is a big scam and not secure or safe.

Just self indulging immature childish games.

 

You post on a public forum that you have no social media? 😂

That's ironic.

 

Using social media for communication and staying in touch is hardly a scam nor childish.

 

For whatever reason these people tried to buy tools through Facebook? Mixing money with social media is a bad idea. 

 

Properly used, social media is a communication tool just like your telephone or the internet itself. 

Keep your banking out of it and you will be just fine lol.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dcnx said:

Unfortunately, they scam each other way more than they scam us. In fact, I’d wager they hate each other more than us, until they have to turn against us, then they all hate us.

 

Ever try to break up or see someone try to break up a Thai on Thai fight or domestic abuse? Both will usually turn on you.

In the UK most dangerous incidents for police to attend are domestic disputes where they often become the common enemy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...