Songtaew on North Pattaya Rd

bbi1

Getting a songtaew on North Pattaya Rd seems very difficult, expecially after 6pm and completely impossible after 9pm. This is for getting on just opposite Terminal 21 to go to the Bus Terminal and it's impossible to get out around the Bus Terminal to head back to Beach Rd. They all seem to go to Soi Buakao or do a U-turn to Naklua.

Does anyone know the hours they operate on that road? You would think they'd put more on since people would want to travel along that road. Also, it seems Songtaews don't like to stop opposite the Bus Terminal next to Makro when you flag them down if you are lucky to see one driving. Is it because of the Motorbike Taxi mafia at that stand in front of Makro and the ones at the Bus Terminal who charge high prices?

When I arrive at the bus station from Ekamai I refuse to take the song theo (สอง แถอ) from the bus station, but immediately start walking towards dolphin roundabout /T 21. Sometimes I manage to flag a song theo down, but quite often walk the whole way, takes less than 30 mins. Never wait by the side of the road as you could be waiting for hours.