Tourism Ministry: Chinese tourist market now recovered, showing growing trend

webfact

Chinese tourist market now recovered: MOTS

nbt1.jpg

video screenshot

BANGKOK - The Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS) has reported that the number of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand has recovered and is now showing growth. 

The Minister of Tourism and Sports Weerasak Kowsurat, also commented on the welcoming ceremony for the 10 millionth Chinese visitor to Thailand, saying that the event is part of a campaign by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to promote Thai tourism by the Chinese, along with the presentation of a positive image of Thailand. 

He said one-third of 30 million annual international visitors to Thailand are from China, while this year marks the first where the number of Chinese visitors reached 10 million persons. 

The TAT now believes the Chinese market has recovered and will continue to grow, with 2018 figures showing 5-7% increase year-on-year, and generating 590 billion baht in revenue, which is considered 10-12% growth.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-24

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I be the first to congratulate Thailand on a job well done! ???? 

Well done Thailand on turning the down-trend around so quickly, also getting the accurate numbers together to let us all know this wonderful news in such a short space of time. 

Only question is, where are you hiding them? ????

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

The TAT now believes the Chinese market has recovered and will continue to grow

WooHoo! And just when I was getting worried, its all over  ...... cause TAT says so that's why   

So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past
Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again

So let's sing a song of cheer again

Happy days are here again

When I see more than ten buses in the latex shop car park;

When we have Chinese tour guides knocking on the door for rooms;

When the local street food stores are standing room only;

When I see buses stopped on after he other outside the 7-Eleven;

When I hear other tourists complaining about the Chinese again;

Then I will believe the Chinese are back. It probably will happen but it seems the minister has held his press conference a little early.

This ministry ought to be the most efficient one in the entire government apparatus.

A mere three days ago, the MOTS announced that "growth figures are still negative," meaning Chinese tourist arrival numbers continue to FALL.

Three days on, the market has suddenly recovered and "shows a growing trend."

Bravo, Thailand! You truly have cultured a ministry there whose efficiency is nothing short of being truly miraculous.

But: In my immediate neighborhood there is a hotel built to exclusively accommodate Chinese tour groups. While in the past I could observe up to twelve large tour buses arriving every single evening spewing out hundreds of Chinese visitors, this has trickled down for the past six months or so to only two or three buses. Well, I must perhaps be living in an area where the MOTS's wonder cure has not yet taken effect. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The TAT now believes the Chinese market has recovered and will continue to grow, with 2018 figures showing 5-7% increase year-on-year, and generating 590 billion baht in revenue, which is considered 10-12% growth.

My mother used to call old junk T A T .. Wonder what she'd make of The T A T above .. 

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

It's about time the junta employed a spin doctor that was actually believable, not one providing figures fabricated to try and impress the masses.

Who was the "spin doctor" during the Iraqi 2003 "war" Sharaf or something along those lines, wonder if he is looking for gainful employment now?

images.jpg

8 minutes ago, CGW said:

Who was the "spin doctor" during the Iraqi 2003 "war" Sharaf or something along those lines, wonder if he is looking for gainful employment now?

images.jpg

Comical Ali that is .. Word has it he didn't get past the first interview for post of positive promotion exec' sometimes referred to as chief pork pie seller .. 

Oh Goodness! How did TAT do it? 48hrs doom and gloom and suddenly Chinese people at the drop of a hat cancelled everything, found a tour group and came rushing to Thailand! Amazing Thailand! really amazing! Now about the exchange rate, what can they do about that?

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It's about time the junta employed a spin doctor that was actually believable, not one providing figures fabricated to try and impress the masses.

The current government, like alle governments before and after, all over the world are free with the truth.

The TAT in my view, raises the figures into the realm of................

Tzzzz and there are still people doubting that Joseph Goebbels reincarnated, is alive and well, and works under the name Elvis Banana Wong (Chinese passport) on a generous salary in the capitol of a tropical country after he was granted a lifelong visa.

Wow. Problem solved with just free visa. I'm sure the Chinese cancelled all their travel plans made months ago, and flocked to Thailand to enjoy the free visa before the deadline. Well done Khun Weerasak Kowsurat and Thailand, for solving this issue while we were still being born yesterday.

Please can someone find the brain cell it the Thai tourism dept and then plug it in 

I’m in Pattaya and last years the roads where blocked all the time with tour buses full of chinese and others

now the streets are empty 

as the shops and bars

so where are they all I was in Bangkok last week and all you have there is Arabs and Indians 

its a total joke

also the brain cell that decided to close Pattaya beach on Christmas Eve stoping the tourist we have from relaxing on the beach 

so they can put more sand

so when the tourists go home they can say we will not go there again 

the same brain cell did it last Christmas as well 

you have to had it to them they do no how to F.U.C.k things up

????????????????

Archived