Retirement Ext. Jomtien 24 December

Went in today before 8:00/ Got queue number 5.

Waited a bit while they were setting up for the day, but processing of application took about 5 minutes. Collect passport tomorrow.

I brought all the usual photocopies from passport, application, photo. proof or address, Baht 1900.

I had 3 1/2 month old US embassy affidavit for an amount in excess of baht 65,000 per month. My current extension expires on 25 January.

That was all they wanted.

I brought along back-up proof of income, photocopies of Thai bank account passbook that shows close to Baht 900,000 deposited during the past year, a copy of all the dollar transfers from my US broker and an Excel worksheet showing dollar transfers and corresponding baht deposits. They didn't want any of it. Just the US embassy affidavit.

As usual at Jomtien, very efficient, polite & friendly and totally painless.

• Like 1

Did anyone say anything about the fact you were renewing 32 days before the end of your current permission to stay? If they notice, they tend to tell you to come back with 30 days or less. Having said that, I hope you get away with it, nobody likes a pointless trip to Immigration.

12 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Did anyone say anything about the fact you were renewing 32 days before the end of your current permission to stay? If they notice, they tend to tell you to come back with 30 days or less. Having said that, I hope you get away with it, nobody likes a pointless trip to Immigration.

I think it's longer than 30 days that you're allowed

14 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Actually I went in about 10 days ago (42 days before expiration) because I thought they accepted up to 45 days early. They said I could do it around the 21st or 22nd.

I have always done the renewals a bit more than 30 days without a problem. Last year I did the extension on the 22nd December which is about 33 days early. No problem.

They are flexible on that, but my attempt at 42 days early was a bit too much. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think it's longer than 30 days that you're allowed

As I mentioned they said I could do the extension even 42 days early but only if I had travel plans that would have made it difficult to get it done Otherwise.

From past experience and what I was told this time, they seem prepared to allow a bit more than 30 days without a problem.

I've never found Jomtien to be overly rigid or difficult.

I also had no TM.30 or TM.28. That's never been an issue.

Edited by Suradit69

Yes, Jomtien seem to be a bit flexible on the renewal date where it is slightly over the 30 day period. I have renewed 35 (2015) and 32 (2017) days ahead of the expiry date of my retirement extension with no comment made by the IO. Haven't tried to extend any earlier than that.

• Like 1