Quiet days on Koh Samui...

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:20 PM, Birdman said:

not quiet. Can hardly cross the street, endless vehicles from both sides. Not Bangkok, Plai Laem 

also feel same.  really overcrowded. many cars and motobikes on roads. cannot find a decent home , condo or villa less than 25000 baht. everywhere full. rents are very high. i came here from koh phangan and thinking to run away asap. many construction trucks. and people drives really crazily. quality of homes are very bad comparing to prices. roads are horrible, dirty, sandy and dangerous.

• 2 months later...

Very quiet everywhere I've been. Come here this time every year since 2014 and it's the quietest I have ever seen it. Was so quiet in lamai new years eve and the days after.

Chaweng only little bit better and very quiet in bangrak where I'm staying at the moment. 

Off to Bangkok soon for a few days before finishing the rest of my holiday back in samui. 

Samui still a great place for a holiday if you just want to relax. But for nightlife it has lost its shine. 

May have to try somewhere else next time as Samui has lost its atmosphere. 

But seems quiet in most places in Thailand from what I've read and from friends staying in other parts of Thailand. 

1 hour ago, jason404 said:

Samui still a great place for a holiday if you just want to relax. But for nightlife it has lost its shine. 

May have to try somewhere else next time as Samui has lost its atmosphere.

What kind of nightlife are you referring to...?

11 minutes ago, kiever said:

i think we all understand ????
but girlie bars have lost their shine not only in samui but also all in LOS included pattaya..

Samui is not a girlie bar place. The nightlife here is mainly parties and clubs – even since the hippies invented the island as "tourist destination" – here's plenty of crowded nightlife available, including trendy pubs, but even there has never been that many girlie bars, there are less than before.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:28 PM, khunPer said:

Samui is not a girlie bar place. The nightlife here is mainly parties and clubs – even since the hippies invented the island as "tourist destination" – here's plenty of crowded nightlife available, including trendy pubs, but even there has never been that many girlie bars, there are less than before.

still much better than Ao Nang, khao lak, koh chang and koh phangan

Edited by kiever
  • Thanks 1