I received an email from Bangkok Bank NYC on IAT versus PDP

Thanks to Pib for providing the email address. Here is the response I got from the lady he suggested contacting:

As checked, you payment is not in an IAT format yet, however, please be advised that since late September our New York Branch have sent the Notification of change to the U.S. government for all transactions that come in as a non-IAT format so they can make the change in the format.  Our Head Office also contacting Social Security Office in Manila on this matter.  We hope that our approach will assist in correcting the issues.  Meanwhile, please visit Social Security website to update your address or information of your account at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/what.html .  

Best regards, 

Sirivan Chuaypradit

Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited

29 Broadway, 19th Floor,

New York, N.Y. 10006

Tel: (212) 329-9201

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure it Pib that provided the email address. Or was it in this topic posted by another member.

I sent an email to the address on Saturday and got a positive reply last night.

As checked, your payment from Social Security was already in an IAT format so you don’t need to do anything.

Are you using a Thai or US address for the SSA? If using a US address they may be why yours in not in the correct format.

It is not clear yet what will be needed to sort out the coding. You may need to submit a new 1199A to get it sorted out.