New Avenue Food Court

elgenon

A big new indoor food court has just opened at The Avenue. The prices don't look great to me. I would be interested in what other members have to say. The Avenue started a nightly outdoor food court, so they seem to think food is the answer for them to make money.

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Where is the food court in Pattaya T21?

3rd floor I think, called The Pier, or something like that.  Only been there once and my memory isn't the best in the world!

Edited by gmac
Bad spelling....or typing!!!

1 hour ago, gmac said:

3rd floor I think, called The Pier

It's San Francisco Floor, easier to remember. Or top floor if you like.  You can't miss it , next to the cinema. 

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Where is the food court in Pattaya T21?

It's San Francisco Floor, easier to remember. Or top floor if you like.  You can't miss it , next to the cinema. 

I just compared the price and photo of khao ka moo. Looked smaller and more expensive than the restaurant across the street. I thought other TVers would be better at comparisons than me that's why I asked for input.

Thanks to those who shared.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, elgenon said:

The Avenue started a nightly outdoor food court, so they seem to think food is the answer for them to make money.

[Well, nothing else has ever worked there. Just one failed business after another.]

Not true.  The Oishi upstairs is still going strong, Villa Market (too expensive for my tastes), and of course Major Cinema.  A great location for All Seasons Steak Buffet moved from downstairs to Harbor Mall, but then closed this year.  ????

Edited by Sheist

8 minutes ago, Sheist said:

The Avenue started a nightly outdoor food court, so they seem to think food is the answer for them to make money.

[Well, nothing else has ever worked there. Just one failed business after another.]

Not true.  The Oishi upstairs is still going strong, Villa Market (too expensive for my tastes), and of course Major Cinema.  A great location for All Seasons Steak Buffet moved from downstairs to Harbor Mall, but then closed this year.  ????

it has been closed for awhile 

29 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

it has been closed for awhile 

I see it closed on November 12 (not exactly a long time ago), but they opened a new "concept" place at Central on December 21.  Since 2 can eat at All Seasons for about half the price, I doubt we will go there anyway, but their steak and mushrooms in the buffet was good; ... and of course the bottomless soft drinks.

closed111218.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheist said:

"Villa Market (too expensive for my tastes)," I always said the same things, but I did get a nice surprise at the Villa near Phromg Pong BTS 1 packet of Richmond sausages for 139Bt 24 in a back though a bit small, though no complaints at that price, and very tasty too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheist said:

Isn't the bowling alley still open? 

The Avenue is a toxic place. Nothing there has ever worked. Opening a business there us a sure way to fail. California Wow fitness center was there, selling memberships up until the day before they closed their doors. 

This food court will.be empty, crumbling, and dirty by this time next year, I guarantee it.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:32 AM, bbi1 said:

What's the opening and closing time of this new food court? Might check it out one day.

I believe the sign said 10:00 AM to 24:00.

But that's not true.

I went there a few days ago before returning home from my holiday, but never again.

Got there about 21:30 and got the card to use to purchase the food. After going in, most of the venders where shut down or shutting down. So decided to give it a miss. Went back to where I purchased my card and they had already closed. Told me that I would go across to the other end to cash in my unused card.

What other had said most venues there just don't make it.

LeoTex

I don’t like these food court places. How on earth can you dish all that out from 2 sq meters ? Methinks a lot of the food is done elsewhere, and just micro waved. Under what hygiene rules’?  That’s the great Thai problem, lack of kitchen rules, hygiene, labelling, sell by date etc etc. Ok, say don’t come to live in Thailand ! 

I had a look inside the new food court and was not impressed. Its very big and spacious , why ? They will never manage to fill it up , I saw 8 customers inside and maybe 100 tables and chairs.
The food offered was normal Thai food and some overpriced western food you can get a better deal in the restaurants , Robin Hood tavern etc.

So I don't think they will survive for long unless they change the concept. Central foodcourt is only a short walk away with excellent selection of food.

Thumbs down from me.

6 hours ago, balo said:

I think video bloggers should not be mentioned here. Let them stay on Youtube . 

Thai Visa does not support commercial you tube vids and vloggers but this is quite relevant to the topic so we can let it stand :smile:

• Confused 1