Are Imm Offices open on the 31st?

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The are closed all day, You will not be able to do it until the 2nd.

Immigration will not fine you if you cannot do the report due to them being closed,

I would have thought that Sheryl would know that.

15 hours ago, Justin Side said:

No. He means 31st and 1st.

OK, I get the meaning now. However, I do not think that, for instance, the 31st January and 1st February are routinely holidays. Yes, in context, I should probably have picked up the intended meaning, but it would not have been much more typing to write "31/12 & 1/1" rather then "31/01".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

You have 7 days to report TM30   on return to Thailand   from abroad 

This was confirmed to me by IO    at Chiang Mai  2 months ago 

The rules on TM30 reports vary between immigration offices. What an official at one office tells you cannot be generalised to Thailand as a whole. Common variations are

• TM30 reports only required from hotels (for example, Bangkok)
  • TM30 reports only required when you initially move to a property, or when you move
  • TM30 report needed only after overseas trips (sometimes qualified by saying they are not required for very short trips)
  • TM30 reports required any time you take a trip away from home (even within Thailand for one night) and then return (the letter of the Immigration Act implies this, but it is fortunately only enforced at very few offices)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

It was 3 days at Pattaya last year, but not sure if this was changed recently.  It was 24-hours or first-day-open before that, so it may have changed again.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Move and change their entire life due to the filing of a piece of paper?

I have heard similar before always amazes me..

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

It was meant to be a joke, you know, humour. lol

Joke or not - this trick is making frequent-travelers nuts, in certain areas.  A TM-30 submission can be a multi-hour ordeal - repeated for every trip-out.  The line was often out the door and into the parking lot in Jomtien, and unless on retirement, you better report every, single, time - or else. 

Some immigration-offices (or certain desks within them) set out to make life hell for anyone not shoveling-in agent-laundered money.   Those using agents are not subjected to any of this (reported as of yet, at least).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Move and change their entire life due to the filing of a piece of paper?

I have heard similar before always amazes me..

And is only good as long as it takes the new office to realize they are missing out on a nice little earner.

23 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

I did it last month, and the officer said you have 4 days to report if the residence information hasn't changed. Does that imply its less if you change residence ? Who knows... the rules are up to the officer is my conclusion.