Non O multi entry (London) question.

I shall be visiting London and when I am due to go back to Thailand I will still have two months remaining on my current O class visa. Is it allowed at the London Consulate to apply for a new one year multi whilst there is still a valid one in my passport? I assume it is but doesn't hurt to double check.

Second quick question just to conform nothing has changed. Just a marriage visa and a signed copy of the wife's ID card needed as paperwork?

I know how things can change and don't want a wasted journey to find out that they have.

Regards.

The woman I spoke to raised no concerns about renewing my O ME visa about 7 weeks early. Marriage certificate, wife's ID, (I normally include a copy of my Birth Certificate), one application form, two passport photos, & £135, she said also to show income of £1400, so I include 3 months bank statements. My visa runs out in March but checked with them it is Ok to renew at the start of February.

It's on their website, £1400 annually I think it said on the website last year, but they mean monthly speaking to them. Previously when the consulate in Glasgow could do them, they always said no income proof required. I do my application by post.

Edited by johnwf1963
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

It's on their website, £1400 annually I think it said on the website last year, but they keen monthly speaking to them. Previously when the consulate in Glasgow could do them, they always said no income proof required. I do my application by post.

That's 5000 baht a month.

Still doesn't compute. ( using 42 to the £ )

4 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

It's on their website, £1400 annually I think it said on the website last year, but they keen monthly speaking to them. Previously when the consulate in Glasgow could do them, they always said no income proof required. I do my application by post.

You can ignore what is on the website or what they tell you on the phone. They do not reject the application if you do not include the financial proof.

The 1400 pound number appears to be an error since it is equal to about 65k baht that is needed for retirement when it was posted. Less than now of course (about 57.4k baht now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whats the turn around time for postal applications to London ?

I'll be there end of Feb for about 3 weeks.. Could be a good opportunity to apply for a Non-O again..

Is it still the same;

Application form

Marriage certificate

Wifes ID and house book

Anything else ? Letter from wife inviting you !!

Edited by cornishcarlos

58 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Is it still the same;

Application form

Marriage certificate

Wifes ID and house book

Anything else ? Letter from wife inviting you !!

Yes, but you don’t need the house book, and you don’t need an letter of invitation.

• Thanks 1