Where can I buy Google Chromecast in Pattaya?

ThaiBob

1 hour ago, moreem said:

hello, is chromecast the only one available or it is possible to find different brands devices that do the same job ? Thank you.

I've seen similar looking devices in IT malls for considerably less but no idea how well they work. 

7 minutes ago, moreem said:

hello, thank you, so with this i can stream any video from my computer to TV without cable ?!

Thanks again.

You should be able to, at least to an extent. You certainly can with Chromecast via the Chrome browser but of course these no-name copies dont always have all the features of the thing they are copying. They dont always get regular firmware updates either.

You should carefully study the online reviews of whichever device you are interested in before deciding, to see if they will do what you want.

Personally I have an official Chromecast (and a Chromecast Audio) which I use in hotels etc with my laptop to view streamed TV, and that works fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And note the differences in prices for the same thing, from 279 up to 400.

They are certainly a lot cheaper than a real Chromecast, but I suspect that the firmware support may not be as good. Probably worth a punt at the price though.

I got my Chromecast when it was on offer at Dixons or Argos and I think I paid under £20 for it, and at that price I would stick with the real one. But here they cost £40 (equiv).

• Like 1

What is wrong with lazada? Bought one recently for around 1500 baht. 

A chrome cast will last you many years so saving a measly 1k will probably equate to 200 baht a year at worst 

Are the elcheapo versions really worth the savings? 

• Like 2

I bought one of these anycast devices as a trail.......it really depends what are you are casting for.

I was doing it to stream bein sports  -  however after 3 attempts....

1)  kept dropping out every 20 minutes or so ..........so had to go back to the computer to start the mirror

2) reasonably successful.........moved my lpatop nearer the tv ( did not know whether it made any difference) - 1 drop

3) Same as number 2 but kept dropping every 20 minutes or so .

Got fed up with it for the  - as when it drops you have to re-establish the mirror.........therefore I went back to HDMI connection from Windows PC to TV

Therefore my review is you pay for what you get........as stated above .........if I was going to try again I would go with Chromecast and pay the extra money 

just my views 

There is an airscreen app out there -  which needs to be loaded on the TV ....which connected quite easily through chrome, however this failed with bein sports when I tried to play content.......some incompatibility  - however it did mirror     -  how reliable would need fully testing  

I have 4 Chromecast devices, all from LAZADA (2nd generation about <2000THB), no prb at all.

Also have one XIAOMI Mi Box S that integrates Chromecast (also from LAZADA 2500THB), very handy coz it comes with its own remote (bluetooth) so you don't have to use your phone or computer

By the way if you use Mac please note that MIRACAST will not work.

2 hours ago, oporhatch said:

1)  kept dropping out every 20 minutes or so ..........so had to go back to the computer to start the mirror

2) reasonably successful.........moved my lpatop nearer the tv ( did not know whether it made any difference) - 1 drop

3) Same as number 2 but kept dropping every 20 minutes or so .

The drop-outs could perhaps be solved by changing the wifi channel on your router. Not guaranteed but worth a try.

Also note that if you are watching say bbc or other foreign tv stations which require a vpn ,once you try to chrome cast it to the big  tv and because it thus goes back via the router the vpn disguise is lost and it is blocked . Unless anyone has found a way around this? 

29 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Also note that if you are watching say bbc or other foreign tv stations which require a vpn ,once you try to chrome cast it to the big  tv and because it thus goes back via the router the vpn disguise is lost and it is blocked . Unless anyone has found a way around this? 

You can buy routers that handle VPN tunnels internally. They can be set up so that particular devices only use the VPN, without affecting other devices. A bit fiddly but it works.

Another option should be to cast the entire desktop.

Edited by KittenKong

59 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I have a VPN on my phone. When I use it to watch a blocked TV channel broadcasting live on YouTube, I can also view it on my TV using my Chromecast.

9 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Never had a problem when using a VPN

10 hours ago, kkerry said:

I have a VPN on my phone. When I use it to watch a blocked TV channel broadcasting live on YouTube, I can also view it on my TV using my Chromecast.

I think that’s because the medium is YouTube which doesn’t block  rather than say direct from  bbc iPlayer with all its stored programmers you play at your own time.

11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You can buy routers that handle VPN tunnels internally. They can be set up so that particular devices only use the VPN, without affecting other devices. A bit fiddly but it works.

Another option should be to cast the entire desktop.

Be interested to know details of such routers if you have that?

2 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Be interested to know details of such routers if you have that?

Have a look here for a small selection:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/best-vpn-routers

There are many other models.

I have one of these: https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTN66U/

but for that one to work property with VPNs you need to use different firmware to that supplied by the manufacturer.

Another option might be to use a mini-router just for the Chromecast.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GL-iNet-GL-MT300N-V2-Pre-installed-Performance-Compatible/dp/B073TSK26W

I just use my Samsung Smart TV connected to the network. Can cast any videos and streams from my laptop in the other room directly to the TV. No need for any extra Android boxes . 

Edited by balo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...