Immigration Office Khon Kaen

I visited the Immigration Office in Khon Kaen recently to ask about what financial requirement they required in order to renew my Retirement Stamp in January 2019.

My understanding from what was said is that the embassy letter is no longer required.    Evidence by way of an updated bank book that showed between 200 - 300K baht in the book and proof of a minimum income of 65K per month.   No mention was made about the requirement to have the money in the book 3 months previous to the application.

I would welcome anyone who uses Khon Kaen Immigration and has very recently renewed their Retirement Stamp to confirm or otherwise this information.

with respect I am not interested in what other Immigration Offices outside the province of Khon Kaen require since they all have different interpretations of the rules.

Many Thanks in advance

Are you sure they were not giving you an example of combining income and money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht.

I cannot see any immigration office wanting that amount of money in the bank if the income shown was equal to or greater than 65k baht.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pompeyboy123 said:

That's putting it mildly.  Maybe I shouldn't have read the many comments on this forum.

Yes it was a good idea to read the posts on this forum, but you need to be selective when reading, then you will learn about this process.....

You have now perfectly good answers to your questions and can be happy I guess..

glegolo

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pompeyboy123 said:

That's putting it mildly.  Maybe I shouldn't have read the many comments on this forum.

I recall someone saying on here once that mastering Thai immigration procedures was comparable to mastering the London tube system. Based on my own experiences of both I would say that that statement was pretty much true!

on my income affidavit from the embassy I listed the USD equivalent of about thb45000 per month and then applied for a retirement visa...three months earlier I calculated 800000 - (45000 x 12) = thb260000 and that's what I deposited in my local account for a combo income and deposit application plus a 10% margin and some added adjustments to account for further GBP deterioration due to brexit and that satisfied the Suphanburi IO...

so we can say that a monthly income substantially less than thb65000 listed on the income affidavit from the embassy may be accepted at a local thai immigration office for a combo extension application based on retirement...just depends on which office...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Sad 1