Three people suffer knife injuries at UK's Manchester Victoria station

webfact

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

However, an atrocity like the Las Vegas shooting could never happen in the UK. One 64 year old man with a knife isn't going to leave 58 dead and 400 wounded. 

Bombs, fire, cars, lorries....airplanes

But off topic, lets just agree to disagree

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The Second Amendment was written over 200 years ago to cater for an armed militia to protect the US. You now have by far the most heavily armed military forces in the world to protect you. 2nd Amendment is now completely invalid and you should repeal it and join the rest of the Western World in the 21st century.

And who is to protect us from the military and their puppet masters?  Ya figure the holocaust may have gone a little differently had there been 2nd amendment protections in Germany in the 30's?

Anti-Terrorist Police reported searching an house in Manchester's Cheetham Hill area (just a mile up the rd from the scene) heavy immigrant area of manchester and home to all faiths - Used to be mainly Jewish area years ago but now predominantly muslim since late 70s/early 80s - area mainly known for Knock off goods, drugs and prostitution 

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Bombs, fire, cars, lorries....airplanes

But off topic, lets just agree to disagree

Yes, bombs can be used as in the Boston Marathon, 3 dead. The Manchester Arena bombing which happened just round the corner from yesterdays incident, and the UK's worst Islamic terrorist attack, and affected me personally, 22 dead. Fire? Cars and lorries have been used in the UK, again single figures of fatalities. The Lockerbie Bombing where a Pan Am 747 was brought down over a Scottish village and , of course 9/11 which caused massive loss of life, resulted in major changes, re: airport security, which has probably given pain to everyone on this forum. Sometimes, good men just have to suck it up for the greater good.

After gun laws had been tightened, in the UK, we still had a problem with handguns. It was decided to ban them completely in private hands. A work colleague of mine, a nicer guy you would never meet, liked by all, had a hobby of competition target pistol shooting. It was his life, and had been for many years, completely obsessed with it. At the stroke of a pen his passion was taken away from him. We were all gutted for him but still agreed with the law being implemented. It was for the greater good.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

And who is to protect us from the military and their puppet masters?  Ya figure the holocaust may have gone a little differently had there been 2nd amendment protections in Germany in the 30's?

Well a bunch of yahoos, ain't going to protect you from the might of the US army, and no, the Haollacaust would have been no different whatsoever.

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

Understood, but spare a thought for the innocents that had their legitimate pursuits curtailed in the process...

Image result for pigeon shooting

Anyone can apply for a firearm or shotgun certificate, and if considered a fit and proper person, and having good reason may well be granted a certificate.

1.4. Can anyone apply for a firearm certificate?

Permission to possess or to purchase or acquire a firearm will be granted to an individual who is assessed by the licensing authority, the police, as not posing a threat to public safety and having good reason to own the firearm. Organisations such as target shooting clubs, museums and firearms dealers must also apply for licences if they wish to possess or use firearms. Persons who are sentenced to a term of imprisonment of three years or more cannot possess a firearm or ammunition (including antique firearms) at any time.

And substantial checks are carried out...

1.6. How do the police decide if a person is fit to own a firearm? To decide whether a person is fit to own a firearm, the licensing authority will conduct a number of checks which will usually include interviews, visits to the person’s property, criminal records checks and references from friends. In addition, the applicant’s GP may be contacted.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518193/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_April_2016_v20.pdf

5 hours ago, impulse said:

NO.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Do you really think that your Government will send in the army to murder you all and the only reason that they dont because some of you carry guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Do you really think that your Government will send in the army to murder you all and the only reason that they dont because some of you carry guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the armed civilian population is as well armed with light weapons as the military. What are they going to do nuke Des Moines?

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens keeps folks honest.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Well the regime which carried out the Holocaust had it's roots, and got most of it's leaders from heavily armed political militias, which were major players in German politics in the 1920s. So no, I don't think "2nd amendment protections" would have made any difference. If they existed it would have probably been to the NAZI's advantage, an armed SA for example...

Edited by JAG

On 1/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Briggsy said:

How long till the first person in authority or with ethical responsibility (politician, police officer, journalist, imam, community leader, etc) suggests mental illness?

If it would have been a Christian, someone already would have!

On 1/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Briggsy said:

How long till the first person in authority or with ethical responsibility (politician, police officer, journalist, imam, community leader, etc) suggests mental illness?

The winner is the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester.

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Hell of a lot of attacks over the years with the Irish and now these fools, many involved bombs and gun laws didn't stop any of that.

What a du...slightly unintelligent post!

If he had a gun instead of a knife, do you think we would still talk about "three" and "injuries"?

Nah...gun- laws did not help a bit!

:coffee1: 

4 minutes ago, DM07 said:

The interesting word here being "can"!

Please explain any other use for a gun, than killing or maiming!

Feel free to PM me if you wish to debate.

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

Well its just been reported that the knifeman ,who shouted Allah ackbar and long live the caliphate is mentally ill ,well thats ok then , no need to worry about terrorism .much better to be stabbed or killed by a mentally ill muslim than a terrorist one .

They are already talking about terrorism!

The police!

Does!

Try to keep up with the adults!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

Well its just been reported that the knifeman ,who shouted Allah ackbar and long live the caliphate is mentally ill ,well thats ok then , no need to worry about terrorism .much better to be stabbed or killed by a mentally ill muslim than a terrorist one .

It actually is. The main purpose of these attacks is to divide the community that they are attacking, providing further propaganda material for recruitment.

Non Moslems vent their anger and resentment against the local Moslem community, the local Moslems feel even more beleaguered and are driven towards the preachings of their Mullahs/internet Islamists.

In Manchester, a cosmopolitan city, there has been very little racial tension over the years, IS seek to change that. The majority of Moslems, in Manchester are just as anti Islamic fundamentalists as you and I are. Don't let IS change that.

After the bombing at the Manchester Arena, the overriding message was "Choose Love", a wise message.

Manchester is a city united, all races and creeds stand together. That way we will never be defeated by IS or any other nut jobs.

Makes good sense to mitigate the attack.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Hell of a lot of attacks over the years with the Irish and now these fools, many involved bombs and gun laws didn't stop any of that.

Bombs need bomb makers and bomb making ingredients which prevents most wannabe terrorists from getting them, the Irish and their international support network succeeded, as have a few Islamic terrorist groups, but if they could easily obtain guns it would be a different story as then any little faction or even loan wolves could get their hands on something they could kill efficiently with.  It is out of desperation that they are choosing knives and vehicles as their killing tools, if they could make a bomb they would.

"Deadly mass attacks by domestic terrorists also would decline. A 2017 study of more than 2,800 attacks in the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand revealed that guns are by far the most lethal way to kill as many people as possible – even more than explosives or vehicular strikes. Guns were used in just 10% of attacks but accounted for 55% of deaths. In the US, terrorists also prefer guns: out of 16 lethal terrorism-associated attacks since 9/11, all but two involved firearms."

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180417-what-would-happen-if-all-guns-disappeared

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Um I dont know, you mean when I have hunted, I didnt use a gun? The critters just fell down  when I looked at them? Im not Medusa, although I look like her in the morning ????

A true American would use a bow and arrow or, for Alaskans, a spear. You need to listen to the ancestors. ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It is different.

Cars are a mode of transport. Yes, if driven carelessly, particularly if the diver is drunk or under the influence of drugs, they can kill. But there are laws to try and prevent that.

Guns have one purpose and one purpose only; to kill.

No; guns are penis substitutes.

As soon as women realise this gun barrels will droop in the face of laughter 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

And this is where it led....

Them: Please explain any other use for a gun, than killing or maiming!

You:  Hunting

Them: Are you sure, you thought that point thoroughly through?!

You: Um I dont know, you mean... The critters just fell down when I looked at them?

A use other than killing would be a use that does not involve killing.

Let it go!

He is "devastated" already!

I would have used a different word, beginning with "d"...but...I like my posting rights!

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

No; guns are penis substitutes.

If I did have a gun, the only use I would have for it is to knock the occasional nail into a wall. can never find my hammer.

So, for me, not a penis substitute, a hammer substitute.

Mind you, could be seen as the same thing as I've nailed a few women by hammering away at them, some of them like it that way.

Edited by Spidey
Freudian slip. Didn't put the "N" in knock.
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It actually is. The main purpose of these attacks is to divide the community that they are attacking, providing further propaganda material for recruitment.

Non Moslems vent their anger and resentment against the local Moslem community, the local Moslems feel even more beleaguered and are driven towards the preachings of their Mullahs/internet Islamists.

In Manchester, a cosmopolitan city, there has been very little racial tension over the years, IS seek to change that. The majority of Moslems, in Manchester are just as anti Islamic fundamentalists as you and I are. Don't let IS change that.

After the bombing at the Manchester Arena, the overriding message was "Choose Love", a wise message.

Manchester is a city united, all races and creeds stand together. That way we will never be defeated by IS or any other nut jobs.

Makes good sense to mitigate the attack.

Manchester is a city united, all races and creeds stand together.

I know several Mancunians who live in the real world who would totally disagree with such a claim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

...and that would be impossible...because....?!
Not impossible as they are all nuts to believe in a sky fairy that is going to give them 72 virgins. So as long as they admit it is a terrorist act and dont try and say its just a mental health thing as has been done before thats ok

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I know several Mancunians who live in the real world who would totally disagree with such a claim.
So would most of the people who live in my old home town,that is the original people who lived there

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I know many more who would agree with it.

A true Mancunian speaking in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena bombing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1