Ready Mixed Concrete

kurgen

I'm thinking of doing some concreting and need about 3 cubic metres delivered. Anyone know prices which company is best to use and their prices.

I dare say it would be cheaper to get a couple of monkeys to knock it up by hand but taking into consideration the mess and cock ups etc I'd rather do it myself.

I'm thinking of doing some concreting and need about 3 cubic metres delivered. Anyone know prices which company is best to use and their prices.

I dare say it would be cheaper to get a couple of monkeys to knock it up by hand but taking into consideration the mess and cock ups etc I'd rather do it myself.

The normal ready-mix truck is 6 or 7 cube metres, so you would pay a high price for a part load.

You also need to specify the type of concrete required - for un-reinforced concrete - 2000 psi, for normal reinforced concrete 4000 psi, (respectively about 12 and 28 kiloNewton), if it is in contact with aggressive soil you may need sulphate reistant (Type 5) cement rather than ordinary Portland cement. Your water/cement ratio, if reinforced, should be down around 0.45 (that is when using vibrators, which you should always do with reinf. concrete).

Love Paddy.