Jump to content

How to Convert a Non-Immigrant O Visa to a Long Term Annual Visa?

Recommended Posts

Happy New Year to everyone reading this. I have been living in Thailand for the past 8 years on extensions of a retirement visa. This year I was in the US during the 45 day extension period for the retirement visa, so I could not renew that visa and it expired. I am married to a Thai citizen so I easily got a new Non-Imm O visa at the Thai consulate in Hawaii. I recently returned to Thailand on that visa which is good for 90 days. My question is-- what are my options and what are the steps to convert this 90 day O visa into an annual visa that can be extended? Can I get a retirement visa from Chaeng Wattana with the O Visa? Or can I only get a family/marriage visa? What are your suggestions? What are the requirements and steps needed? I need an annual or long term visa that is renewable.  Thanking all of you for your good advice.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement during the last 30 or 45 days of the 90 day entry from your non-o visa at your local immigration office. That would be Chaeng Wattana if living in Bangkok.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

It will be no different than applying for your previous extensions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...