January 2, 20197 yr Hi, does anybody know the procedure of transfer an international driver license to a Thai driver license?
January 2, 20197 yr There's heaps of info on getting a Thai DL with existing International Drivers Permit together with Foreign DL in the Motor Sub-Forum: Edited January 2, 20197 yr by mark5335 typo
January 2, 20197 yr I suggest you go to the place where you want to do it and ask there what they want. The reason is that some time ago I looked up on the internet what I need. I looked it up on the official Thai website. I read something with certified translations, pictures, etc. All that was wrong! I didn't need a translation and I didn't need a picture in the place where I did the driver license. But obviously that might be different in a different place. Just ask to be sure - it avoids lots of headache.
January 2, 20197 yr What country is your IDP from? Does it show "1949 Geneva Convention on Road Traffic"? If not they will likely not accept it. Nitpicking. Edited January 2, 20197 yr by KhunBENQ
January 2, 20197 yr You dont "transfer" anything. Its a completely seperate thing and you apply for a Thai driving licence from scratch so to speak. Visit your "local Land transport office" and seek their requirements as these can and do vary from province to province. There is also pinned topics on the procedure etc at the top of this forum.
January 4, 20197 yr Here my report for Udon Thani: Depending on in which province you stay the process / requirements may vary
Create an account or sign in to comment