Renewing a 1 year retirement stay

I have a 1 year retirement permission expiring 27 June '19

It will be my first renewal so... What's the earliest I can apply to renew that stay?

I'm leaving 9 May '19 and I have to make my first ever report by 9 Feb so I was hoping I could do it on same day, but is 3 months too early to apply?

Also, apart from current address info(house book) what more info will I need? If I have not touched the original 800k baht(that i used to get the original permission) then is this sufficient(with updated bank books, or do I need more 'proof of income'?

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

45 days early is the maximum you can apply, or 30 days at some offices.

You would also need a letter from your bank confirming the balance in your account.

Appreciate your reply yesterday regarding my friend and yes just to confirm my bank manager is only available this Friday 4th January and yes tomorrow and he will not be available in the near future and he reports to Kanchanaburi
Yes not sure but my friend going to see his bank Manager tomorrow for his letter etc and his expiry 5th February and maybe a couple of days earlier but he will have to explain no doubt that obviously the bank not open on this weekend and that this friend has no debit card and can not draw funds anyway.
Bank letter and passbook ok with date 4th January in it.
Thanks and yes because of circumstances maybe 2 or 3 days early and only assuming a month in advance.
However he is going with his wife and hopefully they will be ok if going tomorrow.
Yes it depends on the Officer but see no real problems!!!
Totally different but if a 90 day reporting falls on a Sunday one can go a week in advance or just back to the Friday!!

Edited by john west

And May 9 to June 27 is 49 days.
And you won't come back between May 9 and June 27?
That is over the usually accepted limit.

Ok so I won't be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

I will 90 day report by 9 Feb only

But as you rightly point out re my extension I'm going home 49 days before my permission expires, which from what you're inferring is a problem.

Is there any leeway when you can prove youre travelling and need to be seen 4 or 5 days early?

This is Hua Hin Immigration I'm talking about here.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Is there any leeway when you can prove youre travelling and need to be seen 4 or 5 days early?

If you showed proof you have a flight out of the country they would normally do the the extension earlier than what they would normally allow.

Guess I should go down there say 3 weeks before and agree a date with them that I can some as there's a bit to organise

Is there anything else about the renew process I need to know

I propose taking

-Rental agreement of current property
Nb this will not have another 6 months to run as was required for original-a requirement of Hua hin allegedly
-House book
-Bank books
-Letter from bank pref dated that day
-No proof of income(original 800k still applies)
-passport
-some money! 1900 baht?

I assume there will be a form to be filled in and I'll bet Ubonjoe knows which one! [emoji12]

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Follow up question.... when I (hopefully) renew said extension does the 1 year run from

A. when the current one is due to expire?

Or

B. the date upon it's renewed from?

May seem a daft question but I can see it both ways!

Thanks

2 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Follow up question.... when I (hopefully) renew said extension does the 1 year run from

A. when the current one is due to expire?

Or

B. the date upon it's renewed from?

May seem a daft question but I can see it both ways!

Thanks

Extensions of stay run from the date of expiry

• Like 1

Extensions of stay run from the date of expiry
So here's my minor dilemma then.

Therefore, my renewal date will ALWAYS be 27 June

My problem with this is that I will ideally want to return to England MORE THAN 45 days before 27 June each year, hence this issue repeats itself each time.

Because I want to be here for no more than 180 days(travel insurance issues) if I 'fully complied' with the 45 day rule then that means I have to go home circa 15 May. Which in turn means I have to wait to come out to Thai until say 18 November.

And here's the kicker... I don't want to have to wait that long!! [emoji12]

Ideally I'd come 1 Nov go home 1 May

So Ideally my renewal date would be quite a bit earlier... Eg 1st June

Any suggestions how to get around this without doing the whole application nonsense again?

Immigration have said that I can come about 1 week early(45 +7 So 54 days before expiry) but that was a verbal promise/concession made at their offices, who knows a. Whether they will make good on it or b. Whether they will agree same next year?

Thanks

If you want to secure a different renewal date that can only be definitively accomplished by allowing your current extension to expire and reapplying, with a new visa, on a date of your choosing. 

Edited by KarlS

Guess I should go down there say 3 weeks before and agree a date with them that I can some as there's a bit to organise

Is there anything else about the renew process I need to know

I propose taking

-Rental agreement of current property
Nb this will not have another 6 months to run as was required for original-a requirement of Hua hin allegedly
-House book
-Bank books
-Letter from bank pref dated that day
-No proof of income(original 800k still applies)
-passport
-some money! 1900 baht?

I assume there will be a form to be filled in and I'll bet Ubonjoe knows which one! [emoji12]

Thanks

What is house book? Is it the same as Green or Yellow book?

Can I use a Thai Driver's license?

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, KarlS said:

If you want to secure a different renewal date that can only be definitively accomplished by allowing your current extension to expire and reapplying, with a new visa, on a date of your choosing. 

Or if you have a passport due to expire any Extension posted in it can only be granted for the life of the passport. 

I am filling in the TM7 to extend my retirement stay in Khon Kaen.  This is at the end of my first extension.

In the "arrived" section, do I reference my most recent arrival (Jan 2019) of my "original" arrival that started my visa (January 2019 with permission to stay until April 2019)?

9 minutes ago, RWPhila said:

I am filling in the TM7 to extend my retirement stay in Khon Kaen.  This is at the end of my first extension.

In the "arrived" section, do I reference my most recent arrival (Jan 2019) of my "original" arrival that started my visa (January 2019 with permission to stay until April 2019)?

I am a little confused by your dates.

Was one of them meant to be 2018 instead of 2019.

You would put your most recent entry that is shown on your entry stamp.