Thoughts On A Pub Crawl?

britmaveric

Piss-up in March comes to mind for 17 March (Sat) St Paddy's Day. I'm currently bouncing around ideas....what does everyone think of doing a pub crawl style piss-up? We hit multiple venues, be good publicity for other locations and bit of variety never a bad thing.

Thoughts??? Always fall back say Tropical Berts/Blues Factory.

Piss-up in March comes to mind for 17 March (Sat) St Paddy's Day. I'm currently bouncing around ideas....what does everyone think of doing a pub crawl style piss-up? We hit multiple venues, be good publicity for other locations and bit of variety never a bad thing.

Thoughts??? Always fall back say Tropical Berts/Blues Factory.

its hard enough to get sober people to one venue let alone getting ones with a few under their belts to multiple places in a large group

just my thoughts

Me thinks changing venues was one of the problems last time. Some members may be able to turn up later than others. If we're talking a lot of people, maybe better to stay in one place. We also tend to lose people while moving on to another venue.

Having said that, pub crawl sounds very interesting. Maybe we can do it on another night?

Me thinks changing venues was one of the problems last time. Some members may be able to turn up later than others. If we're talking a lot of people, maybe better to stay in one place. We also tend to lose people while moving on to another venue.

Having said that, pub crawl sounds very interesting. Maybe we can do it on another night?

maybe brit was thinking more abt a lads day out rather than the regular 'piss-up' which includes spousal appendages and resident distaff interests. correct me if i am wrong brit...

since it's St Patrick's DAY, maybe start mid afternoon for the younger/single/in-city bar-hopping residents that could always end up early evening at one of the more traditional locales like Blues and/or Berts where those with less of a penchant for heroic drinking and trial software may join up, replete with handbags, tilacs and significant others for a final pint or 10.

Dunno pub crawls can get rather mad, done a few in my time and well it was rather fun. Pub Crawl Master with a whistle ect. Mind you by the end, you are rather legless and a shot away.

As I said just an idea...but probably too much for a TV event at any rate. Might bring new members to the STOP DRINKING FORUM. :D

17 March alright for everyone? Granted hate celebrating on Thick Micks day, it just doesnt seem right. :o

Did pub crawl with a few lads in Phuket some time ago. It indeed got mad, and was great fun. But not very easy if it's a group of drunks, I guess.

I'm up for the 17th. Better than Friday for me cos then I don't have to take a day off of work.

Dunno pub crawls can get rather mad, done a few in my time and well it was rather fun. Pub Crawl Master with a whistle ect. Mind you by the end, you are rather legless and a shot away.

As I said just an idea...but probably too much for a TV event at any rate. Might bring new members to the STOP DRINKING FORUM. :D

17 March alright for everyone? Granted hate celebrating on Thick Micks day, it just doesnt seem right. :o

talk abt mad. the pattaya full moon hash used to do (still do?) the alphabet run... a walk through 26 bars and like establishments which meant a minimum 26 drinks. kicked off mid-afternoon, used baht buses for the longer parts between bar locales. usually ended up at the TQ around 8pm. did it a couple of times and have no real recollection of J or K onwards.

talk abt mad. the pattaya full moon hash used to do (still do?) the alphabet run... a walk through 26 bars and like establishments which meant a minimum 26 drinks. kicked off mid-afternoon, used baht buses for the longer parts between bar locales. usually ended up at the TQ around 8pm. did it a couple of times and have no real recollection of J or K onwards.

A-Z? :D Does sound like fun though!!! :o Did a mad one in Rome. (set-up - shot of spirits as you entered each new venue)

Thick Micks day,

You don't really mean that do you Brit, although you might need a drink this weekend when the Jolly Greens turn over the Lilly whites or in your case I believe your Dragons will have a toughie against the French.

On the 17th

Italy v Ireland

Wales v England

Could be a great celebration whoever you support or of course the traditional drowning of the sorrows.

Have a good time in any case

Good Luck

Moss

Thick Micks day,

You don't really mean that do you Brit, although you might need a drink this weekend when the Jolly Greens turn over the Lilly whites or in your case I believe your Dragons will have a toughie against the French.

On the 17th

Italy v Ireland

Wales v England

Could be a great celebration whoever you support or of course the traditional drowning of the sorrows.

Have a good time in any case

Good Luck

Moss

SCO-O-O-O-TLAND...... SCO-O-O-OTLAND.....

Best pub-crawl we used to do annually was the Northern New Territiories Hash at Christmas time.

First two hares lay a trail to first pub, set up half pints for all runners.

Two more hares then leave that pub, set trail to next, set up drinks for all runners.

Two more hares then leave that pub, set trail to next, set up drinks for all runners.

Two more hares then leave that pub, set trail to next, ........

This goes on until all hares are out of money, ATMs are broke, credit is exhausted and

/or we are barred from all hostelries, mission houses and other entertainment venues.

Never ever remember getting home from one of these. The MTRC or KCR were always closed before we were, so I assume some kind Hasher drove me - but what sort of state was he/she in? First to drive, second to even think of ferrying drunken louts like me around?

Ahhh, Hong Kong - work hard, play harder.

As it happens my gf demobs for Manila March 9 and I was planning a Pattaya R&R weekend sometime thereafter.

So March 17 looks good for me. Times & locations? I'm the Martini boy "any place, any time, any where" I'll just look out for this thread.

About the last pub crawl I went on was round Keighley, West Yorkshire. We had it arranged to a railway type timetable with arrival and depature times for all the pubs. What a mess! But Timothy Taylors, what fine ales.

:o

As it happens my gf demobs for Manila March 9 and I was planning a Pattaya R&R weekend sometime thereafter.

So March 17 looks good for me. Times & locations? I'm the Martini boy "any place, any time, any where" I'll just look out for this thread.

About the last pub crawl I went on was round Keighley, West Yorkshire. We had it arranged to a railway type timetable with arrival and depature times for all the pubs. What a mess! But Timothy Taylors, what fine ales.

:D

Martini Boy - had I better send out the warning that you'll be coming ?

Pattayaland Soi1 ?

:o

Just a thought Gents, very good of you all to mention me but you may be better Meeting here, I will put on some free Gut Lining ( Irish Stew?? ) and you can then wonder off to all points South via the Valley, TQ or wherever and end up in Walking Street. May even come with you all.

Cheers, Tropical Bert

• 2 weeks later...