ILR questions on processing times and no passports etc

Hello all , my Thai wife and child have been in the Uk for 5 years in may 2019 this year , on a settlement visa initially and now FLR which expires in September 2019. They both came on visitor visas prior to all of this for the full 6 months of that visitor visa ( but I guess this 6 month does not qualify for the 5 years I believe they need resident in the uk ). 

Assuming they need to be here resident in the Uk for 5 years ( please someone clarify this if possible ) before they can apply for ILR . I was hoping to apply either just prior to or exactly on that 5 year date from her first entry on the spouse visa .  And not have to wait until September before we apply . 

My my main reason for this  is We want to get the passports back ASAP to go on family holiday in Europe . ( I guess this will be possible with ILR status and not require another schengan visa as before,,,, even though with brexit etc probably no one is exactly sure of what situation anyone we will be in then ).

other reasons to get on with it ASAP is that it will make us all more relaxed. I’m self employed and while I am sure my last 12 months will pass the required income level . No guarantees as to the year after . So the sooner the better for me . Visa fees may rise again also .

My my wife has passed the LIT UK test and got b1 English for her FLR last time and needs clarification that it is ok still to use this certificate ( it does state on application it’s only valid for a period of time , but I think as this test certificate has been used and verified in a previous application it does not need to be re taken).

When we apply has anyone got any idiea how long the passports will be away from us. I did briefly look at in person application but I think it would be about 600 pounds each ( again could someone clarify that position £600 each or could both be at the same time)Its ridiculously expensive already, .. could someone please confirm the costs in May or September 2019 . I am hoping we now don’t need to pay the NHS surcharge for this ILR application as have just read somewhere that is going up again to 1000 pounds . 

I hope  someone can clarify some of these questions.I have had help from many on this site for previous applications including 7by7 , the old Git Tony m and others .

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for that .well It looks like I can’t avoid any cost changes made in April I guess it’s 6th April increases ? Even applying 28 days before the 60 months. We would be in the middle of April at best . 

I have read read on another site that postal ILR applications in November and December where taking roughly 6-8 weeks . 

Hi,

If you apply via the new method then you don’t have to submit your passports.

The new method requires you to upload copies to a website.
This is what my wife has just done.
Fill the application form online. Upload all your docs and then book an appointment to submit your biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Can you advise what supporting documents you need to upload please? I can apply for my wife's ILR at the end of March, she has passed LITUK test and she will be doing English test next month. Cannot find on Gov website a list of supporting docs, Thanks