ID needed for KasikornBank withdrawal or new card?

I'll be going back to Thailand this month for the first time in 3 years. I have a TFB (KasikornBank) account; I've had it about 20 years. My ATM/Debit card is expired, so I will need to reissue it, or at the very least I need to go to a bank and withdraw money from a teller. What ID is needed ? My passport number changed last year, so I am not sure if the check passport numbers with the account or not. I could bring my old passport, but I don't think even that number is the same as the one on record (from opening the account 20 years ago). The account is active, I can log on, and I have transferred money in and out periodically. 
Does KasikornBank check the passport number ? Or just the name on the passport ?
Thanks!

Hm they didnt like  it  when my  passport  changed thats for sure, wife  deals with "Thai BS" I have nothing to do with it except smile, I like to remain blissfully ignorant of their stupidity.

You are where you are, so you are going to have to do the best you can, and hope for the best. Bring your current passport, and a photocopy of the oldest previous one you have. Do you have a bankbook ? That is your best tool, as it contains an invisible ink version of your signature to which your present signature, and signatures on passport(s) will be matched. And if possible, go to your home branch.

As far as any immigration officer of any country is concerned, I think the 4 primary personal ID biometrics of a passport are name, place of birth, date of birth and then the picture. Since 3 of those will (hopefully) be on whatever the OP's bank has retained on file from when he opened the account, he may just need to show his current passport but bring the previous one (not a copy) as well. The banks may be more pedantic than immigration officers and have a knipshit but it may be sufficient.

Good tips on the 'invisible ink' signature in bank books and attending the branch where the account is held.

Thanks, I'll bring the old passport and hope that is the one for the account. I do have the bankbook too. Maybe I can enter the card PIN at the teller too. Old card, bankbook, old ID. Hope I am OK. Thanks

You will have no problem with this at KBank. You only need the account passbook and ID. That can be a passport or you can use a pink Non-Thai ID card, if you have one. Perhaps even a driving licence but I haven't tried that. For sure the different passport number will be a non-issue.

You can go to any KBank branch to issue a new ATM card and it takes just a few minutes. Bangkok Bank still uses the home-branch system but KBank got rid of that nonsense years ago.

It seems that from the banks perspective the passbook is more important than the ID used. If you lose the passbook, you require a police report to issue a new one. 

I have replaced card recently at Kasikorn and from time to time make withdrawals at the bank as well. Always ask for my passport. Like you, it is a different one than when I opened my account. never been a problem. They just checked the name and photo. (But good idea to have the old passport along just in case).

Note that you would have had to change your card anyway this month as Kasikorn have changed over to the 6-digit PIN number.  But it was straightforward when I did this last month, albeit at my own branch.  I had my passport and the book for the account.

Archived