Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

14 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Voting preferences have changed now that more people now understand that the Utopia promised by the Brexiteers will not happen .

Indeed. From a land of milk and honey, to 'Well it might not be an absolutely unmitigated disaster, at any rate.' Unfortunately their support base would follow them through the gates of Hell, disaster or not.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For the Brits who really want to stay in the EU I wish they will get what they want. I am sure the UK is a lot better off within the EU.

But for all the Brexiters and especially the hard Brexiters I hope they crash and burn. You really deserve what you will get. Just yesterday I read an articles that many Tories want Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg or David Davis as their PM. How deluded must these voters be to even dream about that those incompetent morons will be able to make things better? They talk a lot about unicorns. And it seems lots of people still believe them. Unbelievable - except it really happens.

I am sure lots of people in the EU dream about how wonderful life could be without the UK.

Let's hope that the EU's dreams come true, then.  If there is to be a second referendum, the EU could well be in for their second major shock, similar to the first time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Democracy does have a winner and a loser . Walk into any bookies while there is a vote going on and you will see people betting on who will win..

talking about bookies,

what to bookies say re the chances for may-deal

or hard Brexit or 2nd ref.?

18 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Maybe it is the fault of the FPTP system in the UK, but when there is no willingness to reach compromises in politics you end up with a very divided society and all the conflict it brings.

Would not be my choice.

I agree, but how are you going to get the big two political parties agreeing to a PR voting system when FPTP favours both of them, with PR UKIP would have amassed about 60 seats in Parliament, can you imagine what a difference that would have made to brexit, that is assuming that the Tories would have formed a coalition with them of course.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Compared with the spivs and con(wo)men of the Monster Raving Tories, sounds fine to me.

Davis for me, but TBH the only person close to emulating Maggie (the sort of character desperately needed) is the one they (Parliamentarians) call Doris Karloff????

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

Extend Article 50. Then send Johnson, Gove, Raab and Rees-Mogg over to Brussels to put up or shut up. When they return to the UK empty-handed, the sensible people can kick them to the curb once and for all and work from there.

Of course it won't happen, but how good it would be to see them unmasked as the charlatans they are.

I don't think extending article 50 is as simple as it seems, I believe all of the other 27 countries of the EU have to agree to the UKs request, and like another referendum, time is running out.

• Like 2